Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A visit to Jim's garden

Posted by ibheri 9 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 18, 11 at 22:52

I had a memorable Sunday morning. I visited Jim's home and garden. It was such a visual treat. Both Jim and Pat were walked my mom and me through their garden. We had a great time exchanging garden notes. I was so eager to learn about all the plants in his garden and he took time to explain each of them. All the support structures he built - wow !! they are amazing. One could just forget the rest of the world being in his garden. I kicked myself for talking my digital SLR along, I took a few shots with my cell phone. They don't make justice at all to the eye candy, sorry about it maybe next time around I will be well prepared. Here is a link to some pictures from my visit.
I came back with a bounty of plants. Thank you Jim and Pat !

Here is a link that might be useful: Jim's Garden

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A visit to Jim's garden

I know a visit to Jim's garden is a great treat, but darn, I can't see any of the photos on your album today. I could last week when you posted the link to your rose pictures. Must be something that needs updating on my computer.

o

Those are great pics. You did pretty well with the phone. I love to see gardens through the eyes of a visitor.

o

We had such a nice visit! Indu brought her mom, who is a gardener also, and had just arrived from India for a visit. It was really interesting to hear of all the tropical fruits and flowers she grows at home. Indu brought me two nice, healthy, well rooted cuttings of the climbing rose 'Peggy Martin'. I am really going to enjoy this rose. I'm going to build an arc across the pathway to grow it on. Thanks Indu, and I look forward to many visits in the future.
Jim

Here is a link that might be useful: Peggy Martin

o

Beautiful pictures of a beautiful garden! Jim, the garden looks cool and refreshing.....a mighty task in Texas,that's for sure. BTW, where did you find your drinking fountain? I have been looking for one similar to the one you have.
Molly

o

Hi Molly! If I remember correctly, I got the fountain at Lowe's. Hope to see you at Mercer swap in the fall.
Jim

o

I finally got to see the pictures! Indu, I'm glad your phone take such good photos. Thank you for taking them and passing them along.

Jim, it looks like your giant EE has seeds forming. Are you going to try to get them to germinate? I've never tried EE seeds, but I'm hovering over the Voodoo lily seeds to see if they do anything.

o

Roselee, the Thailand Giant had 15 blooms and/or seed pods at the same time. I would like to have 1 good ripe pod, but what I really want is BIG leaves! I cut off all but 4 pods, thinking that they were probably taking lots of energy from the plant. We'll see.
Jim

o

What a treat it must be to walk through Jim's garden....so beautiful and inviting. Thanks for taking pics, they are great.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here