Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roselee_gw

Junkin' at Lakehills, Texas ...

Today I went junkin' again at Lakehills, Texas. That's where Medina Lake used to be, and still is -- at least what's left of it. But the bargains are great even if the lake isn't.

This was a first time visit Treasure Cabin which I'd heard so much about. Ooh la la -- lots of pretty and quirky things are to be had.

The sign speaks loud and clear for country folks ...

I was sorely tempted by this large well designed iron bull which I thought was a bargain for $60. I'll tell you the prices as I remember them ...

The Coke sign chicken was a steal at $28. Look at the cute little wrought iron table behind it ...

So many neat things here; wicker table, bird cage, yard art boat, antique insulators and on and on ...

I drooled over this old sewing machine at just $135, if I remember correctly. That's an old bear trap hanging on the wall and old cans under the table ...

But I took home this table for $25. That's my great grandson Nathan helping me decide ...

Now I'm thinking I should have looked at the things on top of the table a little closer ...

How about these bejewel guitars? They're originals. Only in Texas. I didn't even notice the painting at the top until I looked at the photo ...

I was also sorely tempted by the angel brass fire place cover. I think it would look nice in my yard ...

Along with this beautiful lady at only $25 ...

Old signs ...

So many pretty things for inside and out ...

A few blocks away is Cherokee's Oldies which I've written about before. It's almost like a smaller version of San Antonio's Yeya's. In fact, Yeya's bought a pickup truck load from Rozanne, the owner. I wish I'd got there before he did ...

This iron stove (I think) would look great as a plant stand. Those are rusty iron boots on top right now ...

I don't know what this is either, but I like it for garden decor ...

Lots of cute stuff. Not sure the horse is for sale though ...

Both of these places have Facebook pages if you want addresses and phone nunbers.

https://www.facebook.com/TreasuresAtTreasureCabin?ref=br_tf

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cherokees-Oldies-Junk-Shop/192148880821736?ref=br_tf

Happy shopping! I had a blast. What else did I buy? From Treasure cabin, the table, a gift for a friend and a chimpanzee for my yard. Yes, a monkey; more or less. Been wanting one since I saw the two in Patty's garden.

From Cherokee's a large bevelled plate glass mirror for $10, Yes, another mirror for the yard.

Oh and if you've worked up an appetite there's an EXCELLENT Mexican restaurant right across the road from Treasure Cabin.

Have fun!

Comments (11)

• Bryan Scott
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

My wallet is trying to jump out of my pocket!!

• TxMarti
    10 years ago

I love the sign. lol It's too bad that old sewing machine cabinet is out on a porch. I put an old base on my porch with just the top of the cabinet (no drawers) and it weathered away in no time.

• plantmaven
    10 years ago

What would you do with the old sewing machine? I have an old White brand with curved/bent ? wooden drawers.

• rock_oak_deer
    10 years ago

That looks like a great place to spend some time and money! Is it on the same road as Cherokee's? Looks like she has more stuff in now too.

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Beacivil, follow your jumping wallet all the way to Lakehills!

Marti, someone needs to rescue the old sewing machine. The front of the drawers has some great detail. I've seen some that were not as pretty at antique stores for several hundred dollars.

This wrought iron breakfast set needs to be rescued as well. It would look great in the garden.

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kathy, now people use the old sewing machines as lamp tables or whatever in the house. I learned to sew on my grandmother's old treadle machine so people like them for the sake of nostalgia, plus "shabby chic" in the in thing now like the old piece below at Ann's place.

Shirley, Treasure Cabin is on FM1283 right before it intersects Park Rd. 37. Yes, Rozanne does have more 'stuff'. I don't see her ph. # on her Facebook page. It's 210 380-1813. It's best to call before visiting either store.

• rock_oak_deer
    10 years ago

Good point, it's always a good idea to check with a small business like this before you make a special trip out to the country!

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is another piece that would work great on a pedstal in the garden; also $25. I just don't have a place for them. Neither the lady nor the man are small pieces. You can get a sense of the size from this photo.

• cynthianovak
    10 years ago

Roselee I am so glad you post these. I love looking at the junque through your eyes. Wish I had the rooster....and I wonder where you would put the fireplace screen. It would look great surrounded by green. Thanks again c

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Most of us do like to shop, especially for a bargain, eh? That's why I like to put prices when I remember them. By the way, someone told me that the roosters with Coke signs sell for big bucks on Ebay. Maybe she would ship it to you.

• beachplant
    10 years ago

I need those two busts for my garden!
    The guitars are too funny, I just rescued 2 plastic game ones from the trash last week and plan to spray paint them and then jewel them up. They will go to a friend of mines garden, she`s a musician and her garden needs help. And now I find this pic showing me exactly what to do.
    Tally ho!

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting