Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roselee_gw

Found something to do with shells saved for 40 years ...

I finally found something to do with the shells my kids picked up along the Pt. Aranasas beach and I've been saving for over 40 years! I had asked my 'personal shopper' ;-) Patty to watch for an inexpensive mirror for another project which has since been completed, and she found this one; a plate glass mirror with a chipped corner at a thrift shop for $5.00. This find led to a whole new project -- a make over of the wall of our small covered patio.

First I just had Bob attach it to the brick wall. Only then did I think of the shells :-( So Bob made a frame from pieces of old cedar fencing (he is such a patient and long suffering guy) and I glued on the shells with clear calking. Then he attached the shell frame to the wall. The screws were covered with a shell or two. Voila! It was a lot of fun doing it.

Pots and other stuff I already had were arranged around and below the mirror. Patty brought a few plants from her endless supply to put in the pots. The mirror lightens up the patio and adds another dimension to it. Left over shells are in the big glass jar. By the way Patty made the green board with little turtle hangers. What talent! Whatcha' think?

Comments (7)