Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Addtions to my Garden

Posted by ibheri 9 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 12, 10 at 12:31

Harvested atleast 15 of them - all from a suprise vine which I thought was a squash :) The last few were much sweeter than the initial ones.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Maybe didn't grow tall enough to support the flower :(
Photobucket

Reaching for the sky ..
Photobucket

First watermelon of the season. Making sure that it indeed is a watermelon !!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Fresh cut from the garden on 08/10/10
Photobucket

Some statistics :)
Photobucket

Yes you are seeing it right 20lbs !!
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Addtions to my Garden

Wow -- fifteen! My volunteer only had three, but I was glad to get them. They sure surprised me. Your sunflower is beautiful. Always meant to try and grow those big ones, or some of the smaller fancy colored ones, but never have. Your watermelon picture is making me hungry for some. Glad I've got one in the 'fridge! ... LOL

Thanks for the photos!

o

My sunflowers always droop like that after they have been pretty for a couple weeks. I think as the seeds develop in the center, it gets heavier so droops over. Those melons looked yummy! I really do think home grown cantaloupe is the best! We used to have a lab who would steal them and eat them all by himself!

o

Looking Good!!! I had two cantelope. One was very good and the other had cross pollinated with the cucumbers. Yuck!
Daddy always said the smoother the net on a cantelope the riper it is.

K

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here