10 years ago

Hope this works...

For the birds:

{{gwi:1330780}}

ThatâÂÂs all folks!

Comments (10)

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    10 years ago

I'm impressed. I love all the birds and how you've arranged them. The cross and how you've framed it is lovely. Speaking of frames i like the way the framed mirror reflects and frames the cross. The photos are wonderful. You done good! :-)

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    10 years ago

Irene, I thought you'd enjoy seeing all the color and art in this San Francisco Fling garden as photographed by Pam Penick for her Digging blog..

Here is a link that might be useful: Fearless color in Keeyla Meadows garden

• sunnysa
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Roselee. I'll have to study each picture so I can get some ideas from it. Okay, so I cheat, lol. Who cares?

It reminds me of the line from Cara Barker.... "We suffer under the illusion that creation is reserved only for the "gifted and talented" and not for the rest. "

Who cares if our work is not perfect? We love doing it and it brings joy to those we love. It makes life so worthwhile!

• carrie751
    10 years ago

I like your attitude, sunnysa, hang in there and keep creating...................looks great !!!!

• sunnysa
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Carrie. Of course, we would much rather have the real birds, but for some reason, they are not coming around this year. We have an old plastic owl up in yard. Do you think the owl or all the wooden ducks would be keeping them away? We put the owl up to keep the squirrels away from our veggies and fruits. It's a bobble head owl and it turns with the wind.

Last year, we had red birds, blue birds, hummingbirds, and even cedar waxwings by the dozen. This year.... not much at all. We have plenty of feeders up around the yard.

• carrie751
    10 years ago

Could be the owl as birds usually migrate to the free meals. I have a variety of wild birds (seven feeders) that keep me busy keeping them filled I have been exceptionally blessed this week as I have had a painted bunting at the feeders each day since Tuesday. He is a young one, so hopefully, that means the nest is nearby.

• sunnysa
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Okay... that gives me some hope. Last year, DH and I would sit out in the evenings with our little bird books and binoculars and watch all the birds. There were some we didn't even know. We so enjoyed it.

We'll take down the owl. We've uprooted the veggies because of the heat and our fruit trees are in cages... so the old owl will have to go. Thanks.

• sunnysa
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh, no! It printed twice.

Don't know how to delete a double entry... feeble as I am, lol.

This post was edited by sunnysa on Sun, Aug 4, 13 at 9:32

• bossjim1
    10 years ago

I really like the bird bath in the first photo. Did you make it?

Looks like you have no shortage of Cedar Waxwings!

Jim

• sunnysa
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Jim, my husband made it.

It's actually two pieces from Ross Stores. He welded the pieces together. But, the birds will not go near it! The whole thing cost under $18.00. The bowl is turquoise and gold scroll. That was a lot cheaper than the concrete ones, lol!

I have to give him credit for all the 'yard art.'