Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
No pic, but FYI,...

Posted by rcnaylor z7 Tex (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 24, 10 at 14:02

For all you down state Texans sweating it out... its 66 at 1pm here today. ;) Kinda makes up for a few blizzards last winter. ha ha

Weather guys say we probably won't get out of the 60's today.

C'mon up!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: No pic, but FYI,...

can you see me sticking out my tongue?

o

Ha ha. Yeah, everbody rightly hates braggin... but, at least I'm a cool braggard. At least today. ;)

o
And, hey

Oh, and hey, with our usual stiff wind (out of the north) the real feel is 63

Cloudy 65 RealFeel 63

Brrr, may have to get out a jacket this evening!

o

45 just outside of town this morning.

Love high plains weather about this time of year.

o

Don't make me come up there!
Or as Br'her rabbit would say, don't throw me in that briar patch.

o

• Posted by bobbi_p z8/9 Cypress, TX (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 25, 10 at 11:08

The weatherman said when the "cold front" reaches us, it's supposed to be back to the "normal" 91-93 degree tempearture, but also lower humidity! Bring it on! I'll take ANY relief I can get! (I hope it hasn't already reached us, because I can't tell a difference yet!)

o

Oh come on Richard ... I won't believe it got that cold unless you post a picture of it ;-)

o

Well, my temps are in the low 70's this morning and with the cloud cover, it is very nice outside.... Seventies are my kind of weather.

o

"Oh come on Richard ... I won't believe it got that cold unless you post a picture of it ;-)"

Well, for you folks like roselee who are clearly from Missouri, I guess I'll just have to wait for first frost. lol

o

• Posted by bobbi_p z8/9 Cypress, TX (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 25, 10 at 15:33

I did notice my local wind direction indicator (beautiful American Flag a couple of subdivisions up) has switched to a north wind now. Woohoo! (93 is still pretty hot even if the wind is from the north. Hopefully, it will be "noticeably" cooler tomorrow morning!)

o

And, soon enough, roselee, soon enough....

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Now that gives me a little feel of cold air. I had forgotten.

Beautiful photos ...

o

I think some of it filtered down to SA. It is 10:15 and only 80.

o

FYI, at the National Weather Bureau office at Amarillo this morning we set an all time record low temp for the date - 48.

Plop, plop, fizz, fizz... oh what a relief it is. (I know, I'm showing my age, haha.)

And thanks roselee. 80 ain't too bad plantmaven, not bad at all.

o

Yesterday felt wonderful, it was in the 80's.
Today it was in the 90's but wasn't as bad as the last 5 or so weeks of feeling like your in pure H^&& you know what I mean.

o

• Posted by ocgf Z8 (My Page) on
    Sat, Aug 28, 10 at 11:51

What-ever, Showoff. Better hiding inside for 2 months than having your butt frozen half of the year!. :D

Omar

o

Ha! Omar, the trick is getting your butt trained to like freezing.

I could never get mine used to broiling.

o

Mine takes broiling better than freezing, RC.....hey, but I appreciate your photos of the COLD !!!!!

o

• Posted by ocgf Z8 (My Page) on
    Sun, Aug 29, 10 at 11:41

B-r-o-i-l-i-n-g? Lol! Dang!
No butt training for me, thanks. That's why I hide inside for 2 months. Good luck with the freezing process... :D

Omar

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here