Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roselee_gw

A few of Carrie's Brugmansias ...

An older thread of Carrie's picturing her brugs apparently fell off the bottom of the forum so, because of my request to see them, she sent some of her pictures to me from years past to post for her.

Her brugs are gorgeous. Get ready to be impressed! :-)

Carrie, thank you for the inspiration to keep hanging on until Texas has better weather.

Comments (17)

• bossjim1
    12 years ago

Whoa, Carrie! Those are gorgeous! Maybe this weather will break, and you will get a good fall flush. I guess that's our only hope for this year. What is the blue flower in the white pot in the last two pictures?

Thank you Roselee for posting carries pictures.
    Jim

• carrie751
    12 years ago

That is the blue potato bush, Jim..............I still have one of them, gave the other away as it has to have winter protection here.

• carrie751
    12 years ago

I had not finished my post when I obviously hit the button. I had a thank you to Roselee for posting these for me, and to Jim for his kudos. My gardening friends keep me going even in a season like this.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    12 years ago

Those are so beautiful Carrie! I have a few but they have never flushed like that! Will you share your fertilization strategy, please?

• jardineratx
    12 years ago

yes, fertilization schedule, please.
    Molly

• rock_oak_deer
    12 years ago

Those are gorgeous Carrie, you really have the touch with Brugmansia for sure. Mine don't look nearly that good. I was thinking of giving up on them, but I'm going to keep trying because every year can't be as bad as this one.

• carrie751
    12 years ago

Twice a week without fail (although I have not done so this summer because they have been so damaged by hail and heat) and water, water, water. I mix any good fertilizer like MG and add tomato fertilizer, bloom booster and Epsom salt. I cannot give you exact proportions as I mix in a 30 gallon trash can. I am certain you can figure it out by reading the amount of water per tablespoon on the fertilizer box. Good luck, but for me, it will definitely be next season.

• flowerlover78
    12 years ago

just beautiful! I am going to start ferilizing tonight! I hope it helps - just looks amazing!

• Vulture61
    12 years ago

What I like the most is how everything is enticed. Everything flows: the plants, the fence, the floor, the pots... awesome!

Omar

• Need.coffee
    12 years ago

Wow these are great!
    Will they grow in Fort Worth?

I just got a greenhouse and want to try to propagrate some of these.
    Could you mail me some cuttings I will send you a check for next day air.
    Thanks
    Simone Need.coffee

• carrie751
    12 years ago

Since you do not have a way to email you through GW.......you will need to email me.

• Deb Chickenmom
    12 years ago

Amazing blooms, Carrie!!! Really, really gorgeous.

• carrie751
    12 years ago

Thanks, Debbie............they did not look like that this year, but I have high hopes for next season.

• sibhskylvr
    12 years ago

Carrie

Did you happen to save ANY, maybe ONE cutting of your Dr. Seuss? :))

Mike

• carrie751
    12 years ago

Email me, Mike.

• sibhskylvr
    12 years ago

I'm shooting you an email Carrie! :)

Mike

• carrie751
    12 years ago

Got it !!

Sponsored