Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hermine

Posted by rock_oak_deer 8a TX (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 9, 10 at 11:54

The "dry creek" out back was as high as we've ever seen it the last few days. It was really fast too. Glad we didn't have to go anywhere and we have an alternate route if we had to go out.

Photobucket

Typically looks like this

Photobucket

Here's what it looks like after an inch or so of rain

Buck 11-09 l

The last couple of days, we couldn't even see those large rocks and it was probably 50 feet wide. We live on the uphill side and the house is set up so flooding is not an issue although we do keep an eye out for debris that could cause a flood. It's also a FEMA flood zone so any nearby development can't add to the run off.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hermine

Hi rock_oak_deer_water ... LOL.

WOW -- how nice to have a mostly dry creek bed that you can see from your house. It is very picturesque!

I love to go walking in the dry creek bed near me that becomes a raging torrent when it rains a few inches. Incidentally, I found out after my boys were grown that they used to ride inner tubes down it when they were teens. Thank goodness they survived! And good for them I didn't find out sooner!

Thanks for the photos!

o
RE How much?

By the way, how much rain did you, and other people, get from Hermine?

We got six inches here.

o

Hey, S...

Have been trying to reach you....have you gotten my emails ? They were sent privately, not through GardenWeb. Maybe they went to your junk folder ?

patty

o

What a wonderful view and you're lucky about the flood plain -no development

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here