Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roselee_gw

Morning's stroll ...

I took the camera with me, instead of the usual cup of coffee, on my early morning stroll around the yard this morning. Here are some of the photos I took while thinking of Albert's love of plants.

Pots on the edge of the patio with Valentine rose in background ...

School house lilies with Richard Poor phlox. Uh oh, it looks like one is trying to come up from under the stepping stone ...

Native passion vine. I like how the design on the right reflected the flower form and even picked up the color -- I love those happy little accidents ...

Silver pony foot spilling out of a pot of 'Sweet Nothings' rose. A volunteer Coral vine crossed the front of the pony foot to climb the little trellis ...

Potted Mexican hydrangia with Blacky sweet potato and coral vine at it's feet ...

Morning sunbeams light up Margarita sweet potato vine ...

Thanks for looking and remembering with me ...

Comments (10)

• rock_oak_deer
    11 years ago

Oh my, your garden looks wonderful. I love the combination of the silver ponyfoot draping the pot with the rose.

• ogrose_tx
    11 years ago

Beautiful! Looks like you got some rain too. My husband has been the hospital and rehab for about a month, garden has been totally ignored and looks like a jungle, but he's due home soon so will get back with it.

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Shirley and OGRose, thanks for looking and for your responses.

Yes OGR (I saw your name on another thread, but have forgotten it -- sorry), it doesn't take long after being without a gardener's presence and a rain for a yard to revert to a tangle if not a full fledged jungle. I bet your roses are blooming through it all though! And I hope things are somewhat settled down for you and your hubby.

• jardineratx
    11 years ago

The photos are beautiful and lift my spirits. Your garden has so much color and variety that it slows the eye to catch every detail. I love it!
    Molly

• carrie751
    11 years ago

Thanks for sharing, Roselee.............next best thing for not being able to see it for real.......just beautiful !!

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Molly, I really appreciate your comment. In my view lifting spirits is what gardening is all about. It was quite a few years ago that I really started gardening in earnest while going through a difficult time. There is a little plaque hanging in my garden that says, "For every flower that blooms in your garden a pain in healed in your heart."

Carrie, thank you. Wouldn't it be great to be able to visit each other's gardens, as well as all the gardens of the internet friends we've made through these threads?

• prsb
    11 years ago

Its so serene...everything growing in unity while still showing off their individual beauty. Love your garden. Hope it brings you and everyone who visits much peace.

• lou_texas
    11 years ago

Very, very beautiful. Thanks, Lou

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Pebble and Lou, thank you very, very much for looking and for your sweet comments. Much appreciated.

• castro_gardener
    11 years ago

Ragna, I wish I could remember the plants that Albert gave me, but I'll think of him always, especially during the swaps. He was the BEST ! I love the way my roses bloom so quickly after a rain. This morning Evelyn and Helene showed me their treasures ! Smelled heavenly !

patty

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH