Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Revenge of the karma...

Posted by rcnaylor z7 Tex (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 6, 10 at 20:21

Well, remember the other day when "someone" here was bragging on that record low, nice cool 48 degrees while some other folks down south were sweating it out...?

Well, now our average high is supposed to be 84 and a low in the fifties.

Instead, we've had back to back 100 degree days. You can't beat the karma. :(

I didn't have any photos to convey the cool, crisp 48, but, some of my plants are showing exactly what they think of 100's this time of year around here:

deadnettle that is acting all wilted and playing dead (good news it perks back up overnight)
Photobucket

And shade caladium that appear to be saying "MORE shade".
Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Revenge of the karma...

Oh no! What a shock to the poor plants. But on the other hand -- my stuff looks like that most of the summer! LOL

It was very cool this evening though. We're supposed to get some very nice rains for the next couple of days.

o

Agreed, Roselee, those poor plants........they are in a state of shock, while mine, on the other hand, expect it. I hope they bounce back, RC, karma or no !!!! Oh, and do you think it was karma that gave me such a bad winter last year? If so, I am mending my ways immediately.

o

I think the pics of your stuff looks way better than that Roselee!

Carrie, what's a little cold weather compared to having to mend your ways? I'm thinking things like hot toddies were invented for that problem.

The good news is my plants are kinda like me - a little shade, a little drink... and I'm MUCH better! ;)

My fall clematis, oddly enough, seems to like the heat, It's going gang-busters. So, I'll try to get some pics of that to post.

o

My fall clematis is blooming as well, RC. AND .. I did not say I would mend ALL my ways.....just enough to appease MN.

o

" I did not say I would mend ALL my ways"

Good to know those raucous road trips through the Panhandle aren't a thing of the past Carrie. ;)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here