Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wildflowers in my garden

Posted by wantonamara 8bTx (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 11, 12 at 0:44

I did put some of them there a while back. I planted the liatris years ago and the deer do keep them clipped but they still make a showing . I need more and more of them. So many that they can't eat them all.

DSC_0129

DSC_0131

DSC_0133

DSC_0135

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wildflowers in my garden

Beautiful Mara! We think of spring as wildflower time, but fall often shows up big too.

What's the yellow one in the last picture.

o

That is Bitterweed or sneezeweed. Helenium amarum I think. It came to me from Cactusgarden and I do not think she listed the species. It is an annual and will reseed itself. It is not a good thing to have in a pasture but I like it and I don't raise cows.

Yes I am getting a second flush of mealy cup salvias too. The August and Henry Duelbergs have joined in with the greggiis.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sneezeweed

o

here are some palaxifolia blooming in my agave garden . It is not a huge show, but nice.

DSC_0117

o

What greatly gorgeous wildflowers you show in your wild setting. Ah ... perfect. You deserve them with all you put up with in the summer of 2011. Wildflowers are so willing and forgiving if they have half a chance. Much more so than we humans.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here