Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ibheri

Latest from my yard

ibheri
13 years ago

Just a lil cooler temperatures and the yard is blooming..

Winter Sunset

Need Id, bought it in Arbor Gate and lost tag. Blooms in clusters.

Musical Note/Witches Tongue

Peeping Hibiscus

Yellow Hibiscus

Need ID, took a chance and planted it in shade. To my suprise it did great all summer. Real long stems and nice double flower.

Knock Out with Turks Cap in the background

Gregs Mist flower

Comments (5)

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    13 years ago

I love your all your roses, and the other plants as well. I've never grown musical notes, just seen it's pictures. It looks very interesting.

I wonder if the rose you planted in part shade is Reve d'Or? The color looks right and it takes some shade. Maybe that's why you planted it there :-) Does that name ring a bell?

I don't have a clue on the ID of the coral/apricot one. It looks like a floribunda with all those fluffy blooms. Maybe someone else recognizes it.

Is that Grandma's yellow rose I see over to the side?

Thanks so much for showing us the many plants blooming in your yard.

• ibheri
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you Roselee, all of you are my major inspiration. The Musical note is truly intresting and I was quite smitten by the way they named it, so apt :)

The Reve d'Or does not ring a bell, but thats what it may be. I will look up for some pictures and see if thats what it is.

Yes, thats correct its Grandma's rose (Nacogdoches) but I am not really satified with it and I wonder if truly qualifies to be a Texas Super Star. Its not lushy with foliage. During summer most blooms faded to a pale yellow. Maybe it needs more care from my side.

• plantmaven
    13 years ago

First, let me apologize for not sending the larkspur seeds.
    I can not find the bag I put them in.

Everything is doing great for you, very pretty!

The rose in the shade is NOT Reve D'Or. Reve D'Or makes a sprawling bush.

Since hibiscus do so well for you, you might want to find my favorite. It's name is Crown of Bohemia.

Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: hibiscus

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    13 years ago

Kathy, thanks for your input on Reve D'Or. I'm not growing it right now. Have grown it in the past, and lost it somewhere along the line, but am getting some cuttings from Kathy to get it going again.

If anyone ever wants to try and ID a rose there is a "Name This Rose" forum. It's good to get a close up of the flower, the leaves, and the stems as well as the whole bush and stating what kind of scent is has. Shape and placement of leaves and thorns help with the ID.

On the other hand, it's nice to just enjoy roses whether you know their names or not :-)

• hippmom
    13 years ago

ibheri i have a grandma's rose and was not too impressed with it the first year but it is coming along quite nicely this year so i am holding my opinion until next year. btw mine is planted where it get a lot of shade