Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roselee_gw

Carrie's Dr. Seuss and Serendipity from this morning...

Carrie sent these photos of Dr. Seuss and Serendipity to share with you. What can I say but -- simply stunning!

Carrie, thank you for growing these beauties so that we can all enjoy seeing them.

Comments (12)

• ruthz
    11 years ago

just WOW

• PKponder TX Z7B
    11 years ago

wow is right! it must smell heavenly!

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    11 years ago

In am without words!!!! They never do that for me. Where does carry grow these?? I gave up on them.

• plantmaven
    11 years ago

I have been there and her garden is amazing.
    Her Dr Seuss is my baby's Mama.

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    11 years ago

I can not keep up with the watering and fertilizing so mine are pale shadows of these.

• carrie751
    11 years ago

Thanks all .................this is when the many hours of fertilizing and watering pay off. I am very blessed to have such beauty to behold. This Dr. Seuss is the original cutting I received back in '05 from a gardener in the Houston area. I was not even using the computer back then and my friend Patrick emailed her and told her I was looking for cuttings. She called me and asked how many I wanted and I replied just a few. She said, "come on, you're a gardener, take many", so she sent me 32 cuttings, and told me to put them inground. I did just that with this one and he loves where he was planted. I have such fond memories of the brug gurus who guided me through my "newbie" stages............learned so much from them, many of whom are hybridizers and their "crosses" are still on the market........ Mountain Magic and New Orleans Lady are two that come to mind. Those of you in warmer climates should have no problem with these at all.

• Lin barkingdogwoods
    11 years ago

Wow, Carrie, just WOW! I have never seen brugs that bloom as grand as yours do. You do everything right with them!!!

While trying to figure out how to distinguish Dr. Seuss and Charles Grimaldi (because my tags walked away), I found a site of a brug grower right here in east Texas. He moved here last year from Arkansas, and is trying to get his nursery established again. He has many that you have, Carrie, and a few that I don't recognize.

His nursery stock is in pots, but he has put a few of his own brugs in the ground. He has the same 'soil' as I do (sugar sand), and the same high shade. I was thrilled to see that brugs he put in the ground earlier this year are ready to bloom. I may have to try some in my high shade areas!

Check out his site, below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Maranatha Nursery - Brugs

• carrie751
    11 years ago

Thanks, Lin, for some reason I think I have heard of these people before, but cannot place when and where. This WAS a good brug year, but not all of them are....last year was pretty dismal, to say the least.

• texanjana
    11 years ago

Gorgeous! Someone in my neighborhood has one in full bloom, and I love to walk by their house and stare at it! They are amazing.

• cynthianovak
    11 years ago

Spectacular! Well worth the process it took to find these photos.

c

• carrie751
    11 years ago

Glad you made it, Cynthia !!!

Thanks, everyone!!

The wind has certainly taken it's toll on the blooms.

• leapingfroglady Valdez
    11 years ago

OMG, what do you feed them? Absolutely breath taking.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!