Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roselee_gw

Roses and Butterflies. Yes, Butterflies at last!!!

I would be hard pressed to explain how much I am enjoying the garden since I can do nothing in it except wander around, breathe in the delicious heavenly aromas, and drink in the beauty with my eyes and other senses that I'm not fully aware of but somehow know are there. It seems everything is existing perfectly in the complete openness of not wanting anything to be different, a very peaceful place to be. We should all try it ... :-)

Even the half blown Prince is beautiful in this full blown indescribable atmosphere ...

The tiny flower fly knows no fear of the giant hovering ever it. Perhaps he is as intoxicated by Abe's scent as I am ...

Each rose's scent is different and each seems more marvelous than the last one sniffed. The Ambridge Rose ...

Petal packed fully open Ambridge Rose. And what a fragrance! Abe and Jude would have to move over except that The Ambridge Rose flowers are smaller than theirs when it is very hot ...

Leonie Lamesch shows many colors but little fragrance. Hard to believe the next two roses are on the same bush today ...

{{gwi:208168}}

English roses are loved for their scent, but they have nothing on Mrs.B. R. Cant for scent or petal packed beauty ...

I adore red necks -- when they are on Mrs. Dudley Cross ...

Not a rose, but spring blooming Mock orange is gracing us with her pure white beauty again. Carrie said her plant is blooming too ...

I had no idea what Fortune's Eupatorium could do until I moved it to a better place this year. Having had so few butterfly or other insect activity this summer I'm really enjoying all that it's attracting ...

{{gwi:552157}}

May I show you a few visitors? All are from today ...

{{gwi:552158}}

{{gwi:552159}}

{{gwi:552160}}

{{gwi:552162}}

{{gwi:552163}}

{{gwi:552164}}

{{gwi:552165}}

Incidentally, the dark spots on the leaves are from the honey dew that aphids on the pecan tree are producing.

The white boneset, also called mist flower, Eupatorium havanense, is attracting honey bees, wild bees of all kinds, and butterflies too, but not as many as the purple ...

{{gwi:552166}}

No emerald could be as greenly gorgeous as this green bee ...

{{gwi:552167}}

Both Eupatoriums are extremely fragrant and waft big time. If they are as late blooming every year it will be worth throwing a blanket over them in case of an early freeze.

I'm still agog at the prolificacy of Valentine in a pot. I've had it for years in the ground and it never did this well. It bloomed like this all summer, although they burned a bit around the edges during the hottest months ...

{{gwi:208159}}

It took me forever to do this post with one hand. All you one handed typists certainly have my appreciation!

Happy gardening and happy Thanksgiving to all!

My daughter is having our family dinner at her house so that's one little perk of having a broken metacarpal :-)

Comments (6)