Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is "primrose" plant?

Posted by artisticcheese 7 (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 25, 14 at 8:59

Hello,

I was in Aldi's yesterday and they had this primrose flowers on sale for 99c. They were blooming but there were no other information associated with it. Like if it's annual or perennial, cold hardiness, bloom time, size etc.
Anybody knows what this thing is?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is "primrose" plant?

Looks like an English primrose to me, but I can't get a good look at the leaves.

o

Here is close up picture

o

It looks like one of the primroses to me too. They are good for winter color, but probably won't last through the summer. But for 99 cents why not give it a home for a few months?

Here is a link that might be useful: English primrose ...

o

I have a few of those Lowe's "rejects" that I have kept going for several years. They quit blooming when it gets hot, but I just throw them in the shade until the heat passes. Some of them bit the dust, but several survived. Certainly worth a try.

o

Why not to plant then in shade in a first place instead?

o

They are in containers, not in the ground,.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here