Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bobbi_p

What about the agapanthus?

bobbi_p
14 years ago

I'm looking to you northern gardenwebbers for advice on my agapanthus. I can't seem to find good guidance. They're the one plant out front that I'm concerned about. And my husband is quite fond of them as well.

I'm thinking I'll go ahead and cover them, but what would your expectations be if we're to get down as low as 25 Thursday through Saturday, but apparently above freezing during the day????

Am I wrong to think that Dallas would have that sort of weather pattern every year? Do you guys have agapanthus in the ground up there?

Mine are generally evergreen, but are showing some frost damaged leaves already. Do I expect them to die back to the ground and then come back? If so, will they bloom this year?

In back, I think the only thing I'll try to cover is the orange tree we just planted a little before our first freeze. The Meyer lemon (which was stressed before I planted it) and 2 pineapple oranges already look dead. Seems to be some conflicting info on the plumbago. I see my natal plum is less than happy too. Oh well, live and learn, right???

Good luck everyone!

Comments (2)