Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vulture61

What?!!

Vulture61
12 years ago

On one hand spring weeds are covering my lawn, bluebonnets sprouted last year,my coral bean and lantanas are leafing out already. On the other hand, my hyacinths or daffodils haven't bloomed yet. What is going on??

Omar

Comments (7)

• carrie751
    12 years ago

Confusion, pure and simple, Omar. I have had to fight the urge to start pruning my perennials as I know it is far too early, but this weather brings out the urge.

• texasflip
    12 years ago

I know, around here some of the hackberries and elms are starting to break bud and some of the red maples are starting to bloom. At the same time, most of the water oaks are still covered in green leaves.

• seamommy
    12 years ago

Yeah, and I just pruned my roses!! Nothings up, blooming, budding or breaking around here.

• melvalena
    12 years ago

My bradford pears have been budding for a few weeks now.
    The coral honeysuckle actually has new leaves and lots of buds of more to come.

Mock orange has been budding for several weeks as well.

The roses still are not dormant. Still green and leafy here.

Some daffs broke ground back in December, more are coming up every day.

The stuff in the garage is putting out new growth. I drug most of it out today and watered. I'll pull them back in tonight or tomorrow depending on what the coming rain looks like.

I'm still waiting for Feb to come and go though. :(

And then!!!! It will be THAT time of year again! /clap clap clap!

The Hummers return!!!

• wally_1936
    12 years ago

My early daffodils bloomed from thanksgiving until New Years. Those that bloom in the spring are now coming up to join the early bloomers. I transplanted my Saint Joseph lilies as with this rain coming I thought it would be a good time to do so; giving them a good watering in. None of my hardy hibiscus will sprout until the weather gets much warmer. My cilantro, Rosemary and Oregano are doing fine. My Christmas cactus has finished blooming but they will keep their blooms for a good while. I moved my wild field violets into the shaded areas around the house away from any other flower areas as they give a nice look in the early spring where not much of anything else will grow anyway. With hope and a prayer I am looking forward to a good blooming year. If not then I will have just learned a little more about gardening once more. Looks like I need to transplant a offshoot of my Mexican Fire Bush in my front flower bed. Thank you for you wonderful post

• cynthianovak
    12 years ago

the 2100 tulips planted 2 weeks ago are up. Not all, but it seems like most. I keep telling them that it's a trick. I can't help myself: I keep adding coo weather annuals. The only thing that has kept me from pruning the roses simply to celebrate the cool has been an ear / sinus infection. Reality has not been a hinderance, until it hit my head.

Has anyone heard a long-range forecast? I look ahead 10 days and no hard freeze for us in the near future. Anyone have different info?

c

• carrie751
    12 years ago

I find it difficult to believe we won't have a HARD freeze in February. Of course, if we don't, you won't hear me complaining.