Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pinkkpearls

Crocus, Hyacinth and Tulip growth!

pinkkpearls
9 years ago

OMG i'm going to pee my pants. I have crocus, tulip and hyacinth peeking out of their containers and the beds where I planted them. I know to treat them as annuals and I'm cool with that, just so freaking excited to see them growing. I even have a peony that is coming up; HOW EXCITING it would be if they grew and bloomed!

Comments (9)

• phoenix7801
    9 years ago

All of those will grow and bloom since they probably had chilling requirements that were fulfilled before you bought them. Keep us posted on the progress.

• pinkkpearls
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Well i kept them in the fridge for like 3 months, as i wasn't sure if they had been or not. I also didn't know if 3 months was too long, but we will find out. I am bursting and hope to post pics in a month or so!

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    9 years ago

Renee, this is so exciting! Those flowers have gorgeous jewel like colors. We'll certainly be looking forward to pictures ... :-)

• TXirislover
    9 years ago

I am excited for you. In my garden flower bed (s) I have close to the same things popping up. I did not put in the refrigerator so I am excited when you will be able to post photos. I have many irises that have been getting thick stocks. I still have more irises that I purchased from Facebook that I was not able to plant into my yard before the weather changed but they are in the coolness of my shed. I also have to purchase more metal stakes as this is the year I decided to mark all the irises with their proper plant names. Good Luck to you.

Gretchen

• sunnysa
    9 years ago

Ha, Ha, Pinkk. Is anyone here having fun with gardening? :-)

So great to read about the progress and joys of a newbie gardener! We'll be looking forward to the pics.

Hyacinths are my favorite and the scent is so pretty.

• carlyg
    9 years ago

I have daffodils that are showing a bit. Some tulip bulbs I had forced are looking great! My hyacinths aren't popping out of the ground yet, but should be soon. I am so excited for some winter blooms. My pansies look pretty and so do my cyclamen. I just discovered cyclamen for the first time this fall.

Happy Winter Gardening!!

• pinkkpearls
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Love my cyclamen, my 1st time too. I planted mine next to my house and the rain runs off my roof ripping them to shreds, I will have to move them. My pansies are great too, but tired of deadheading them :(

• pinkkpearls
    Original Author
    9 years ago

1st Hyacinth is blooming, pretty pink smelllllllls soooooooooo gooooood! Funny that crocus haven't put out a flower yet, but everything is above the soil getting ready to say SPRING IS HERE!

• Lynn Marie
    9 years ago

I don't know where you are, but the hyacinths come back for me. They just never look as good as they did the first year.