Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lou_spicewood_tx

Looking for bulk mulch and border stones in central Texas

lou_spicewood_tx
11 years ago

Just finally moved into the new house. They barely put down mulch so obviously all that much rain didn't help much so I need to get nice but cheap native mulch to make it 3 inches deep instead of 1 inch for soil erosion control. Winter dormant grass doesn't help much either. Not much of root growth to keep soil together right now either. House is off highway 71 between Spicewood and Bee Cave. I saw that there is Greenville in Bee Cave off RM 620 but no price on bulk mulch on website. There is Land Art Nursery right behind us but their website doesn't tell much either.

I'm also looking for natural border stones preferably brownish color to match the color of my house. I used them at the old house as well. I'm having to start all over again. I have a nice little grove of Escarpment Live Oak in the corner of backyard for shade (facing east) so that got me thinking of trying plants out like Japanese Maple and other maples. Even sweet olive plants too.

I've already planted Montezuma-Bald cypress hybrids given to me by SFASU to try out for the backyard facing west for instant shade in a few years. Supposedly very fast growth rate so I could have instant shade rather soon than later.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cypress hybrids

Comments (5)