Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just got back from Fanicks Nursery

Posted by honeybunny2 Z9TX (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 13, 13 at 15:29

Every year my husband buys his tomoto plants at Fanick's Nursery on the south side. He decided that he would buy a Naval Orange tree this year, when I went into the greenhouse, they had their $25 hibiscus, marked down to $10. I bought Baby Girl, Erin Rachel, Gold Rain, and Sassy Too. I still can't believe they were that cheap. Albert bought me" Kiss and Tell" last year as a gift, its beautiful, and in full bloom. I almost have the entire OSO Growers exotic hibiscus collection. They also had Persian Shield for $2.99, that is about half of what Rainbow gardens wanted Sunday. I just can't wait until I can start planting my tropical plants back in my yard at the coast. They are now in pots under the carport.. Barbra

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE Just got back from Fanicks Nursery

Just letting you know they had so many diffrent herloom tomotoes, for $2.99 each. They also had this years rodeo tomoto. I can't believe how much cheaper they were than rainbow gardens, on the plants I wanted. Since I have discovered turface, I am able to grow plants that would never grow at the coast in previous years. . Barbra .

o
RE: Just got back from Fanicks Nursery

I am planning some new beds and was researching some different phlox ... and was reminded how I miss John Fanick Phlox! I grew it in San Antonio and it did so well in the alkaline soil and high temps there. Wish I was closer so I could go their nursery this spring!

o

Fanick's Nursery is on the South Side of What City??? This is Texas gardening forum, for the entire state!

o

Eahmel, Fanick's is in San Antonio. I know it can be frustrating not knowing what and where people are talking about in this large state.

o

On the south side of San Antonio.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here