Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spring is coming!....

Posted by rumbum 9 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 12, 14 at 15:49

I've been seeing little signs like a few leaf buds here, some early bloomers there. I'm so tired of winter! Bring on the warm weather!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spring is coming!....

Hi - Yes, the forsythia is all blooming now. I am ready for spring too! Thanks,Mistee

o

During the winter I get kinda down and then when Spring comes I get so happy! I'm not really bipolar but the seasons really affect my mood! I know other gardeners must also feel this buzzing anticipation when Spring is just around the corner! :)

o

For me, SOONER is better than LATER ..............

o

Really? Are you sure??? ... LOL

This winter has seemed like the longest I can remember. Maybe it's because of so many cold days when we haven't been able to get outside and play as much as usual in our oft times mild San Antonio 'winters'. I'm ready!

o

Yesterday certainly felt like Spring to me!

o

Finally. Seems that this winter was the longest and I moved 180 miles further south in Texas.

Interestingly, my montezuma cypress is already leafing out.

o

Well the first sign is usually the mountain laurels budding then blooming followed by mesquites coming into leaf. I wouldn't start pulling anything outside just yet. Bob Webster took a call where the guy had his tomatoes out.

o

Up here in Denton County we have about a week of nice weather.. then next Sunday we get more winter.

I've pulled my potted plants out of the garage to the driveway to water and sun them for a few days. I will be moving them all back in next Saturday.

This post was edited by melvalena on Sun, Feb 16, 14 at 10:26

o

It ain't over 'til Mother Nature sings! Everything's pretty zapped here, much looks dead. Only the Rosemary has some blooms. And the Arizona Ash has tiny green buds, but judging by the reaction (or lack of any) by the bees, it's not blooming yet. I'm feeding a sugar-water mixture to bees, because they're starving...and to keep them away from the hummingbird's feeder. Also I'm feeding a few winter butterflies, who can survive on old fruit. Bees like the fruit also.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here