Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
seamommy

Fort Worth Spring Plant Sale

seamommy
12 years ago

The Spring plant sale is scheduled for April 21, so now is the time to stroll around your garden and see where you have space for something new. DH and I go every Spring and fall and always find something wonderful, and for a fraction of the price you'd pay at the box stores or the nursery.

This is the web site for the gardens and all of their events planned for this year: http://fwbg.org/calendar-of-events/

If you don't do anything else you need to tour the rose garden after the sale. The roses are usually in full bloom when they have the sale. There is a small parking area in front of the rose garden and you can usually find a spot there.

Directly across the rose garden parking area is a shady area I like to call the live oak promenade. These are some of the most magnificent live oak trees I have ever seen. In warm weather I like to sit on one of the many convenient benches along the promenade, close my eyes and listen to the birds and insects. It's a magical place.

If it's been a while since you took your family to the Japanese gardens you really should go this year. I always have a hard time tearing myself away from it. It's very well maintained and is updated every season with new items of interest, while at the same time keeping the aura of a place of age and peacefulness.

And that's my two cent's worth about FWBG. I like to visit other cities gardens whenever I travel too. I've visited gardens in Pittsburg, San Antonio, Corpus Christie, Norfolk, Hawaii, San Diego, New Orleans, Minneapolis, Memphis, Jacksonville, Washington, D.C., and Denver. For me it's always the best part of the trip, haha.

Come ON, Spring!!!

Cheryl