Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Daylillies

Posted by bradmm 8b (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 1, 12 at 22:08

Can I plant daylillies in the spring or have I missed my window of opportunity?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Daylillies

If they are container grown, you can plant anytime. If bare-root, you can plant now, as long as they have time to settle in and start new growth before the really hot weather sets in. I moved a bunch last April and May, and they did just fine. If you are planning to order from out of state, the grower may not ship to Texas until the fall.
Jim

o

• Posted by ruthz 8a dfw texas (My Page) on
    Thu, Feb 2, 12 at 12:12

I planted daylilies in April and October last year. Some of the ones planted in April bloomed in May and June.

o

Thanks!

o

When I use to order dayliles from Patron's I got them in January, they always did better than the dayliles I received later in the year. They had time to get a good root system going before the hot weather set in. Barbra

o

If you're in the Dallas area, Saturday, April 21, would be a great time to plant because that's when the Daylily Growers of Dallas will hold their spring plant sale at NorthHaven Gardens. I've always been happy with what I get there, and mostly they bloom that same summer. Nice folks to deal with also. But be there early!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here