Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
carolina jessamine.

Posted by nanatricia (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 15, 11 at 22:19

The freeze got my CJ and is in bad shape .Should I cut it all the way down will it come back? All so the same for star jess.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: carolina jessamine.

I don't know where you live, but the rule of thumb when survival is in doubt after a cold winter is to leave it alone. Estimates of cold hardiness varies on that plant. Of course, if it's really huge (like mine), a little pruning probably wouldn't hurt.

o
RE: carolina jessamine.

I agree with Linda. It will probably drop the damaged leaves and put out new ones. If you trim it now you'll lose flowers for this year. The rule of thumb is to prune opposite the time it blooms.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here