Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More tulips

Posted by cynthianovak 7/8 TX (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 2, 13 at 0:32

The whole yard is glowing. The cool temps are keeing some around for 2 weeks, others are slowly opening/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More tulips

So pretty - love your pictures!

o

• Posted by ruthz 8a dfw texas (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 2, 13 at 8:58

Just beautiful

o

Makes this cold morning a lot cheerier, Cynthia. Thanks so much. What do you put in those beds once the tulips are done??

o

Carrie
The big bed where the orange Flair striped tulip are now will have Gregg's Blue mist on that corner, red Turks cap in the background by the pecan tree and Salviat Black and Blue as well as Argentine Skies in the middle. Along the walkway I'll plant a few Lemon Lollipops. To the left, by the house is always a challenge, you would think South facing would be easy but it almost gets enough sun for pentas... . I'll end up with caladiums where the anemones are under the other pecan tree and the kidney shaped bed in the middle of the yard will likely get Sun coleus or begonias.
There is usually a stripe of Persian shield near the Buda and a strip of Lemon Lollipops somewhere. I save them but rats tore them up in my greenhouse this year.

I am always on the hunt for suggestions for part sun or shade color. Any suggestions?

o

I use iresine for color in some of my shady areas.....it also did well last year in filtered sun. I love the brightness of it and is a very good contrast plant.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here