Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bluebonnets

Posted by patty_cakes (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 21, 12 at 3:16

I live in Austin, and the Bluebonnets lare already in bloom. They didn't bloom last year because of the lack of rain, and this year I'm thinkiing they're early since it's been a mild winter w/lots of rain. I've only been here almost 4years, and don't ever remember them blooming so early, or is it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bluebonnets

I think its right on time.
Could be a tad early but nothing unheard of.
I've been in TX my whole life and in DFW area since 1980.

We had bluebonnets last spring, and plenty of moisture in the preceding fall, last winter and spring up until about mid June.

o

They start blooming usually around spring break, which started last week. We drove home last Saturday, and they were just starting to bloom. I bet this weeks drive will be beautiful. I did notice something strange. In some areas the fields had bluebonnets growing low, then tall white flowers also covered the fields. It looked like fields of white from a distance. Barbra

o

They are in full swing here in the DFW area! I saw my first indian paintbrushes of the year yesterday! It's really early in my recollection.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here