Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
lovage or chinese celery in north Texas?

Posted by merrybookwyrm 7a,8b dfw (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 25, 10 at 9:16

Has anyone had any luck growing lovage or chinese celery in north Texas? Just wondered about the heat here.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: lovage or chinese celery in north Texas?

I can't answer for north Texas, but lovage will not grow here in south Texas. I haven't tried Chinese celery, but I do grow EZ celery during the cool months.

o

Ah. Thank you. 'Bout what I feared.

o
lovage croaked at day 15 of 100+ F temps

The baby lovage grew somewhat well until the temperatures heated up, then it tolerated life as long as it was given Frequent waterings. Alas, it gave up the ghost on day 15 of 100+ F temperatures. It never did get more than one foot tall.

o

Thanks Merry for letting us know how the lovage fared.

By the way, I have one rat tail radish plant that is barely hanging on through the heat. I think they must want to planted in the winter like regular radishes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here