Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
--are you new here? info on Plant Swaps

Posted by melvalena North Texas 7/8 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 5, 14 at 9:45

FYI... several Spring Plant Swaps have been posted on the EXCHANGES page. Yes, you are invited! We'd love to meet you.

Plant swaps are usually held about twice a year; spring and fall.

Its a great way to meet your fellow gardeners, pass along your extra plants and get starts of plants you've been thinking about trying.

Its amazing how my gardening skills and my gardens improved once I started going to plant swaps.

Best of all: ITS FREE!!! :)

No, you don't have to bring plants if you are a new/beginning gardener! Allowances are made for that. Each Swap handles it differently so be sure to read all the info posted about the one you plan to attend.

Look for this just above the list of posts on the main page:

On-Topic Discussions [Switch to: Exchanges : Gallery : Conversations]

click on the link for EXCHANGES

Scroll down to find a Plant Swap close to your area. Jump right in and join in the discussion. You'll be glad you did.

Here is a link that might be useful: EXCHANGES page

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: --are you new here? info on Plant Swaps

Hey there new people!! I don't want you to miss the plant swaps..

o

I would love to attend one of these I'm very very new to gardening so I have nothing to swap however i know now to start taking some cuttings from my plants!!!! Ha!

o

melvalena, I wish I were closer, maybe next year I can plan ahead a make a special trip. It sounds fun.

o

Oh DebraV it _is_ a lot of fun.

I've seen several new posters from the panhandle recently.. maybe you guys can start one up there?

I noticed on the Oklahoma forum they have a swap too.. I'm not sure where or when it is, but it might be less of a drive for you?

Of course you are more than welcome to come visit any of the swaps held in the state.

Emrogers come on out and visit with us.. you won't go home empty handed!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here