Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blammo!

Posted by phoenix7801 8b (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 26, 13 at 11:22

Take a look folks. Its one of those trichocereus grandiflorus hybrids you find at Lowes/HD. I thought it would be beautiful but I had no idea. Gotta come up with a name for it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blammo!

Gorgeous color!

o

Is it hardy? If so I'll be checking Lowe's for that one.

o

I had it outside all this past winter so around 27ish should be OK as long as its dry. This beauty looked like a raisin a month ago before I started watering it. Then it started making buds.

o

That color is simply stunning! I'll have to check my local box stores and see if I can find one. That is a must have beauty you've found there!

o

Wow! I think I see a trip to a big box in my future.....soon! Does it typically bloom now? c

o

From what I'm noticing they seem to like resting in the winter so when it warms up, they start forming buds and bloom. I would imagine they'd flower in fall too. Oh and this one just bloomed today. Its an echinopsis.

o

On a side note, the echinopsis smelled wonderful and the Trichocereus still has open flowers after three days. I decided to call it Fiesta Medal.

o

• Posted by ocgf Z8 (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 28, 13 at 11:33

:D They are pretty. I've never seen them blooming in fall, though.

Omar

o

Are these the ones they put the straw flowers on?

o

Sadly Mara yes alot of times they hot glue strawflowers to the tops of them. Whoever came up with that idea needs to have their green thumb revoked. Usually its the small ones that have them though and if you can find one without one even better.

o

Blammo is right. I just got a few echinopsis and love seeing the pics of them in bloom. Both blooms are beautiful.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here