Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Corylus Contorta aka: Contorted Filbert

Posted by jill6718 z7 DAllas (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 6, 13 at 12:03

I recently succumbed to love at first sight and bought a couple of these but I am now paralyzed with the thought that this will go the same way my mothers experience with growing peonies in Dallas went. Love does not equal success.

They are 10gal. container grown and the trees themselves are approx. 4ft. tall. We have multiple choices as far as locations to plant them and could even just move them to larger planters for optimal placement if that is recommended. I just know that 'full sun' on an information tag DOES NOT mean Dallas sun. Help me please!! Have I lost my heart only to have it broken?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Corylus Contorta aka: Contorted Filbert

I live in Grapevine and have had mine planted in a semi-shady bed a few feet to the north of my house for about 8 years, and it is doing well. It is about 6 feet tall now, and the base of the trunk is getting rather stout.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here