Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
faing

Questions about late freezes and cat pee?

faing
10 years ago

Hi, this is my first time posting at gardenweb I have been reading comments for quite a while here. I'll probably have lots of questions and pictures to share in the near future. To get started my wife and I put a house on some rural raw land a couple of years ago, that use to be a hay pasture with almost no trees besides some trash trees against the fence line and a nice live oak. I've never been the gardening or landscaper type but since being here over the years I started to develop a passion for it.

I've also made lots of mistakes being this amateur. Its ok, I'm on a descent amount of land that can afford a few hiccups here and there.

So here's my question can cat pee and poop (not too much worried about the poop) hurt a tree? We acquired a cat that's earned its keep by reducing the number of field mice here. But she seems to prefer the mulch around the flowering purple plum tree (in the back) and methley plum (up front).

The flowering plum I consider more of temporary tree anyway but I don't want it to die in a couple of years, my wife loves the purple leaves. The real plum tree is just an experiment.

I have a system here where I plant a fast growing trash tree then somewhat nearby a burr oak, shumard oak, or live oak my favorite trees. So I probably have a lot of trees most folks wouldn't care for. Sorry for the long introduction under this question but...

Anyone ever had a cat constantly pee on a tree and that tree die? here in the first pick are the two trees she likes the most I understand with the rain they should be fine but this is west of Houston and that gets super rare through out the year. And so is this ice storm...

Comments (6)