Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sub_tex

Indian Hawthorne

Sub_Tex
13 years ago

I have a few Indian Hawthornes in a hedge full of them that have been declining for a coupla years, we have treated for any disease we could think of..

Symptoms, outer leaves turn red then fall off, very little new foiliage growth, however good flower & berry production.

Anyone have experience with this?

Comments (9)

• pjtexgirl
    13 years ago

Entomosporium leaf spot maybe?

Here is a link that might be useful: leaf spot

• maden_theshade
    13 years ago

do you have deer? My neighbor has Indian Hawthornes and each August the deer strip them down. I used to think they were dying, but they do come back in the spring.

• sigrid_r
    13 years ago

I had problems with mine. I cut off a branch and took into calloways. Turns out they weren't getting enough water.

• Lynn Marie
    13 years ago

Oddly, mine did not flower at all this spring. Weird. I wonder if it is the weather. No rain. Maybe none of them are getting enough water. I do have the same issue with the leaves turning red and falling off.

• carrie751
    13 years ago

Mine haven't bloomed yet either, but don't expect them to until next month.

• pjtexgirl
    13 years ago

I wondered! Mine put out one dinky flower. I threatened to shovel prune it. I would've thought my threat worked until carrie mentioned they bloom next month. :)

• dbannie04
    13 years ago

Mine are heavily blooming right now, but maybe I have a different kind than y'all

• carrie751
    13 years ago

Mine do, PJ, but I don't remember the variety I have as they have been with me for almost twenty years and I have slept since then. They are pretty and green and budded so I shall just wait for the blooms.

• pjtexgirl
    13 years ago

mine have new leaves but I didn't see any buds. dbannie, you're lucky to have early bloomers!