Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
srburk

Not off to a good start...

srburk
12 years ago

All of my plants are beginning to look...well, anemic. I have one brand new bed, and one old one...both are a mix of dirt and compost and composted cow manure. The new bed, which holds my tomatoes, some cukes, and some peppers right now, looks the worse of the two. The plants look anemic. The green leaf color is slowly fading to yellow. I've never had this happen before....don't see bugs or any obvious signs of a fungal disease. Is this what happens when there is too much rain? Will they recover or should I start replacing soon? Is there something I should be giving them at this point (I normally use a seaweed solution, but they've only gotten that once since the ground is so wet...it hadn't even dried out from the last rain when the next round hit.) Sorry there are no pics...I don't have the camera and even if I did, it would take me about an hour to figure out how to upload.

My best description for you is that the leaves are in various stages of green with the ones at the bottom being a pale yellow. No brown edges, no spots. Even the hardy cherry tomatoes are starting to look sad......

Comment (1)