Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Why won't my daffodils bloom???

Posted by lynnmariep86 8 DFW (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 19, 14 at 19:23

They have looked like this for a couple of months now. What gives?

From Around the yard and garden

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Why won't my daffodils bloom???

Since you mention several months time frame, it's possible that they were actually affected by the big cold front that came in early March in your area.

4 of them already look like the color of fading blooms. However, you can keep them on as long as the bloom stalk is still healthy looking and it could be that in your local area, they will still be coming up (though I have seen many people's daffodils already in bloom, but I can't say if yours are late since there are daffodils with different bloom times)

o

That last drop into the teens on the north side of Dallas damaged almost all of our daffodil flower stems that were up at the time. The stems in full flower fell to the ground and although those with only buds stayed up, they stopped maturing. A bucket of bulbs we forgot to replant until January (oops) put their stems up after that freeze and are flowering fine now.

This post was edited by bostedo on Thu, Mar 20, 14 at 15:09

o

we have some that looked like that and now are turning brown. The ice storm took them out ...sorry c

o

Some of mine bloomed and some did not. The ice storm did a lot of damage to lots of my flowers.

o

That's what I was afraid of. At least it wasn't something I did. Maybe next year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here