Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Transplanting Lambs Ear

Posted by brenda_in_tx 8 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 27, 08 at 20:05

My cousin gave me a lot of her Lambs Ear - it looked great yesterday - we planted it all across the front of the house 2' apart. I turned the sprinklers on last night but it probably didn't get much. This evening when I came in from work, they are all limp and sad looking. Should I prune them all the way back to the ground or will they be ok in a few days with some good watering?

TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Transplanting Lambs Ear

They'll look sad for a little bit and then take off. Just water them when dry.
Barb

o

Oooh thanks Barb!!! I've been sitting here refreshing hoping someone would answer.

Yes, I'm a nerd. lolol

o

There is nothing nerdy at all all watching those plants. I give all my plants a daily inspection, almost military style. I find out what's doing well, encourage the problem children and compile a list of what needs to be done.

Ok,, I admit, that actually is sort of nerdy. But my wife gets a good laugh out of watching me!

Happy gardening!

o

Barb is exactly correct.....they will sulk for a few days, but will recover as long as you don't over or under water.
molly

o

Ok so no one will laugh at me if I confess that while I was brushing my teeth this morning, I was out patroling checking on the Lamb's Ear? And it is looking better!!

o

Welcome to gardening and the garden web.
No ones laughing here. In fact once you get to know us you find out what a bunch of characters we truly are.
Some of us go outside in our PJ's do a walk around and before we know it we're hard at work in our PJ's.
Of course I only do it my back yard LOL. I get into my street clothes for front yard work.

o

Thanks for the welcome, and I'm another one that will walk around the backyard in pj's so I think I'll fit right in!

Also, I've posted several questions here over the past few weeks and I really appreciate the help and advice you give.

o

flower spikes reach on Lambs Ear...can you cut it and root in water to make more lambs ear?
fleress@bellsouth.net
Thanks a bunch!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here