Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
princealbert_gw

San Antonio Plant Swap

princealbert
14 years ago

Here are the pics from the swap today. There were not very many there and I only took 5 pics. I'm not in any of them.

We enjoyed it and plan to attend another.

now here are the pics.

Here is a link to my photobucket feel free to brouse around.

http://s628.photobucket.com/albums/uu5/1prince-albert/

Kathy -- I have already tagged your Yellow Iris.

princealbert

Comments (11)

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    14 years ago

Prince Albert, it was great meet you and your wife! Thank you for taking pictures. I loved touring your garden and seeing the beautiful plants on your Photobucket site.

Yes, we expected and had a small turn out today. A lot of people just didn't have time to get plants going due to the cold winter and late spring. The pavilion has to be reserved months in advance so there was no changing the day.

I guess there were about twelve people there, but the small group gave us a chance to visit and yakkity yak more. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but missed the other people that usually come and couldn't this time. Hoping to see you ALL mid October. Date to be announced.

I've already got some in my things planted -- including the brugs! Can't wait to get out there tomorrow and get the rest going. Thank you everyone for all the neat plants, seeds, soil mixes and yourselves! :-)

• princealbert
    Original Author
    14 years ago

It was good to be able meet some of the group and to put faces with the names. I think it is neat to be able to meet each other and share things.
    Some day I will get the picture posting thing right and get clickable pics up
    PA

• plantmaven
    14 years ago

Thanks for the pictures! My camera was right on the counter where I left it. haha

I am so glad y'all came to join us. Yes, it is fun to put names and faces together.
    I some how got away without getting a cutting of the white brug.

As Roselee said, there usually more people.

Kathy

• linda_tx8
    14 years ago

Well, I'm all tuckered out, been doing stuff outside! All you guys...it was great. So warm yesterday, so nice to see y'all. And thanks for the plants. roselee, I've got the fig cuttings all set up to root...hopefully I can get some going, got them all labelled so I won't forget the name later...Uncle Nap's Honey Figs.

• princealbert
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Kathy
    We could meet you when we go to Beeville the next time to get them to you. we usualy get off in San Marcus and go down 123 to Seguin then on down to Beeville. It would not be out of the way to go through SA then go down 37 toward CC. That's the way my dumb GPS wants to go anyway.
    Let me know and we will make it happen.
    pa

• plantmaven
    14 years ago

Sounds good, let me know the next time you are going.

plantmaven@gmail.com

k

• rock_oak_deer
    14 years ago

Thanks for the pictures pa. It was great to meet you both. Thanks for the seeds and the white brug.

Been outside for two days preparing and planting the swap plants. Today is rainy so it's an inside day for research on the best way to plant seeds.

• marcie_new
    14 years ago

WAAH! WAAH! snif some more crying I was planing on going to the swap but family comes first specially if it happens last minute and I am such a chicken could not bare to go off and worry all the way there and all the way back, but any way prehaps next time.Yes it is nice to be able to put faces to names plus all the goodies you get to see and get its worth the trip. Now who is who on those pictures?Marcie

• princealbert
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Well Marcie asked who they are. So here goes with the help of the Boss Lady.
    pic-1= Roselee (Ragna) and Castro Gardener (patty).
    pic-2 = Plantmaven (Kathy).
    pic-3 = phoenix7801 (Joey), Roselee, Sheila and princealbert's boss (Betty).
    pic-4= Rock-Oak-Deer (Shirley),Joey, and Merryberry (Merideth).
    pic-5 Linda_tx8 (Linda) and Roselee.

Did I /we get them right??? did I pass the test? if I messed it up jump on in and correct my test paper. LOL
    I enjoyed it. I was operating the camera. You can see me in the photobucket link if your curiosity is overactive.
    pa.

• plantmaven
    14 years ago

Albert, here is a pic of the nigella.

{{gwi:706732}}

• princealbert
    Original Author
    14 years ago

It looks like I may need to divide them up after they get a little growth. they are planted in a 4x8 sandwich tray. I should be able to divide that into about 15 groupings.
    pa