Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tx_ag_95

Cosmos

tx_ag_95
12 years ago

I grew cosmos from seed last year and planted it in my front yard. During the course of Spring/Summer, I "had" to drive a friend from Irving to Denton and back, with a stop by my house to pick up a pie for an event I was going to after I dropped him off. Jeff had a rare form of MS and had gotten to the point that he couldn't drive; but he wanted to go to this play and I volunteered to drive him there. That day, I was double booked and had to stop by my house to pick up a pie to take to the second "event". Jeff's comment as I drove down the street was "I LOVE that yard, it's so different and interesting" and all I could say was "Thank you, that's my yard". Turns out, Jeff loved cosmos and recognized it in my yard. Jeff left this world on October 1st. I would like to continue planting cosmos in my yard in Jeff's honor. The seed packets that I have call for "full sun". The plants I saw at Calloway's today said "part sun". I really only had one plant survive the summer last year, but it bloomed until we had a freeze. My question is, what sun exposure does cosmos really want in Texas? I'm OK with moving them closer to the house or to a more shaded location in the backyard, but I would like to continue growing them in Jeff's honor. Where's the best place to put cosmos in North Texas?

Comments (7)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional