Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What insect eats Shrimp plants???

Posted by roselee z8 SW Texas (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 8, 11 at 6:39

One whole bed of red Shrimp plants has BIG holes in the leaves and a lot of them! The bed looks pretty devastated. I've looked and looked and have even gone out with a flashlight at night and can't see anything. I've seen no bugs or beetles around and nothing else is affected. I've grown shrimps for years and never had this happen and am at a loss to know what it might be. I guess I'll spray the bed with Neem oil since I try to stay organic as much as possible. Any other suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What insect eats Shrimp plants???

Snails? They eat everything here.
Jim

o
RE: What insect eats Shrimp plants???

Jim, you may be right. I sprinkled some snail bait. It just seems funny I can't find anything. I can see no snails, no caterpillars, no grasshoppers, but that doesn't mean they aren't there. It may be that my detective skills are lacking.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here