Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
melvalena

2012 Denton County Spring Plant Swap

melvalena
12 years ago

Next Sunday afternoon....April 29 2-4pm

Yes, if you are reading this, YOU are invited.

Come on out and meet some of the local Texas Garden Web posters (and lurkers) and pass on your extras, or take someone else's.

Doesn't matter if you're an old hand at this or a beginning gardener, We'd love to meet and visit with You!

Denton County is just the name of the location,

You don't have to live here to swap! :)

The weather forecast looks like it will be a wonderful day!

Details are posted on the Exchanges page

Here is a link that might be useful: Swap Thread

Comments (10)

• weldontx
    12 years ago

melvalena, I'm hopefully IN. Am posting on the Swap Thread
    as well as to your e-mail. IF you want to see some of my pictures, maybe Melvalena can post them on the Denton swap site. (sorry ml) Here is what I have to offer:
    1 Curly willow , 1 blue mist flower, 1 black and blue salvia, 8 comphrena - Strawberry Fields; 3 thyme; 3 Greek oragano; 2 small pots with heirloom onion- red cajun
    rooted cuttings from last fall/winter: 2 dwf ivy, 1 bouganvilla (fuscha); 1 Crepe myrtle (Raspberry Parfait ?) see pic.; 1 pot with 2 plumaria cuttings (pink and not yet leafed out);

Seedlings: Amarylis - 3 Bolero X unk. red; 2 Lemon/Lime (2011 seeds planted last fall)
    Day Lily: try this link to see pictures http://www.daylilydb.com/ These are 2011 seeds planted last Sept. & in gal pots.
    New Paradigm X Backyard Trojan (one of my previous seedlings); Nancy Billingslea X Song in My Heart; Etruscan Legacy (dbl) X On Looks Alone; (Blueberries and Cream X Fujitani) X Bold Heritage; Evelyn Kloeris X Infinite Blue; Bold Heritage X unk. (2); Infinite Blue X Cherry Valentine (2); Infinite Blue X Bold Heritage (2) more, if anyone is interested - I'm OUT of room.
    THINGS I might WANT:
    Roses ( or cuttings) - fragrant, Earthkind quality (tough and disease resistant) Tex. Natives; Garden art??

• freshair2townsquare
    12 years ago

Meeeeeelvaaaaaleeeeenaaaaa!

I'm baaaaack! Don't yet know what my contributions will be, but I'll be there!

~ freshair

• melvalena
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Great to hear from you Weldon, I'll get your photos posted when I have a few minutes to mess with it.

Amy!!!! I've been wondering what happened to you.

You better get your list ready!

• carrie751
    11 years ago

BUMP

• debbiedo7
    11 years ago

Hi all. Hi Weldon! WooHoo I'm glad to hear that you'll be attending!!!
    Donna & I will be coming.
    We don't have a lot but we have Stella De Orro, Speckled yellow irises, purple & white bearded irises, orange daylillies (ditch), a pecan tree, and a Oak tree.

• weldontx
    11 years ago

Hey Debbie! I'd be interested in a Stella. What kind of oak tree do you have? Check my list on the exchange page.

• ilovemyroses
    11 years ago

darn, just saw this, i am in smu area and have roses, tons, for cuttings if anyone is interested, check my page. am interested in the same,

• debbiedo7
    11 years ago

Weldon I'll hook you up with some Stella de Orro & the unknown oak, Yes Yes Yes to the Plumaria, if no one is asking for the 2nc one I know that Donna would like it!!!!!! Also interested in the comphrena - Strawberry Fields, also any extra daylillies.

Donna or I'm looking for Dark Blue Salvia, Bearded Irises, and well as plant addicts a multitude of other stuff. HAHA

• melvalena
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Debbiedo,
    please go post in the thread on the exchanges page...
    That is where all the swapping is going on.

• melvalena
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sorry Debbie.. I see now that you did go post over in the thread on the exchanges page!