Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yodalinda

Livin Easy Rose

yodalinda
15 years ago

I am looking for this rose in the Austin/Round Rock/Georgetown area. If anyone has seen this bush, please let me know. It's an absolutely beautiful orange color. Thanks!

Comments (23)

• houstonmellie
    15 years ago

I want one too. They also have a yellow one with a little different name. The only places I have ever seen them are in plant catalogs. Haven't seen them available in stores yet.

• debndal
    15 years ago

I had the living easy rose quite a few years ago, and I thought it was very pretty, but not quite as orange as the catalog photos showed. But then, mine got more shade than it probably wanted so that might account for the faded color. It was a nice rose, although it got thrips really bad, and tended to get blackspot too. Since I'm not into that much heartache, I finally gave it away. I think it's a Jackson & Perkins - I can't remember where I got it, but I think I saw them at Calloways this spring.

• jolanaweb
    15 years ago

Hi Yodalinda, call this place and see if they have it or can get it for you
    jolana

Here is a link that might be useful: dirtnroses

• yodalinda
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks everyone. Jolana, I have sent Dirt & Roses an email. I appreciate the tip! So far I have 15 rose bushes in my yard and would love to add a Livin Easy if I can find one. If not .... there's always next year!

• holleygarden Zone 8, East Texas
    15 years ago

I got one this year from Chamblee's in Tyler. Check out their website, or give them a call. Their customer service is great.

• jolanaweb
    15 years ago

Oh good, I hope they have it. That would be just down the road for you. If not, I agree w/holleygarden
    jolana

• rosie07
    15 years ago

Yodalinda: Although mostly I like the old garden roses, I fell in love with the sunset colors (orange/yellow/coral rose) of Livin Easy. I stumbled across it at a nursery in Temple called Tem-Bel Nursery and Landscape about 2 weeks ago. I had actually gone there to buy a mock orange shrub called "Natchez" that I had once purchased there years ago and now wanted a second one for a new garden, but they didn't have it. I felt compelled to buy something because I was in a nursery, after all, and as I was wandering around I saw their small outdoor rose selection and Livin Easy stood out like a beacon amongst the others (mostly hybrid teas). Temple is about 45 minutes to an hour N of Austin and this place is located just off I-35. It was in about a 3-gal container and very healthy and I paid about $20 for it.

• yodalinda
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks again everyone! I saw one when I was at the Antique Rose Emporium this last weekend. However, they just had them in VERY large pots and were about $50. I would rather start with a smaller plant. I tried Forever Gardens which is very close to me but they didn't have any. I am still waiting to hear from Dirt & Roses. I will try Chamblee's and also Tem-Bell. I am on a quest!! Have a great day :)

• jolanaweb
    15 years ago

I would call dirt n roses, lol
    Seems like I remember them not getting back quickly with email

• yodalinda
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I called Dirt & Roses this morning. No luck. They sent me to It's A Jungle and no luck there either. I will keep searching!

• jolanaweb
    15 years ago

Aww, that's too bad. I guess you have already called Round Rock Gardens

• battygardnr
    15 years ago

Try Green N Growing in Pflugerville. I was there on Sunday and I'm pretty sure I saw at least one. I love orange roses and I remember thinking the name was cute.

• cseim
    15 years ago

I'm suprised you're having a hard time finding one. I see them all the time. Last time I was at Barton Springs Nursery they had a ton of them. Great selection of other roses too. Sledd Nursery sometimes has them too. Maybe that's not your end of town, but it might be worth the short drive. They are very pretty!

Chrissy

• prairiepaintbrush
    15 years ago

If you have room for a climber, Westerland is a lovely apricot/orange rose. I'm sure Chamblees has it...

• jolanaweb
    15 years ago

Did you find it? I saw one in Austin today @It's About Thyme and they have then at Barton Springs but were out

• tesa4paws
    15 years ago

I know you are looking in the Austin area, but you might try North Haven Gardens in Dallas. They have a huge selection of roses. That's where I found my Joseph's Coat Climbing Rose. You could call them (214-363-5316). There website is www.nhg.com. Good luck.

• yodalinda
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I haven't found one yet. I have inquired several places, but no luck so far. I am a patient person and I will prevail!! Thanks for all the suggestions.

• tesa4paws
    15 years ago

I was just at Pucketts nursery in Allen, TX (just north of Dallas) a few days ago and they had Livin Easy.

• cweathersby
    15 years ago

I grow a lot of roses - tried this one, it wasn't healthy, so I killed it. The blooms weren't fragrant and it died back every winter.
    I hate to be a stick in the mud, but y'all should be forwarned before spending money on this one.

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    15 years ago

I'll have to agree with CW. Livin' Easy didn't live up to its name here either. It got too much black spot for me to keep it.

A rose with a similar color, wonderful fragrance and very healthy with no spraying is the David Austin English rose, Belle Story.

Since Livin Easy is proving not so easy to find check out the Austin roses. Most are very healthy and fragrant. I'm not up on the latest ones. Many large nurseries have an English Rose section.

Here is a link that might be useful: David Austin Roses

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    15 years ago

Sorry -- told you the wrong name. Belle Story is a wonderful pink rose, but it was Pat Austin I was thinking of:

• Michele Missner
    last year

Bought one on 2244 cant think of the nsme of the nursery and i bought one on etsy