Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Southlake Garden Tour

Posted by melvalena North Texas 7/8 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 21, 13 at 9:45

Be sure to mark April 28th from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on your calendars for this year’s Southlake Garden Tour. The tour is presented by the Perennial Garden Society of Southlake.

For 2013, the Southlake Garden Tour selected six beautiful gardens showcasing a variety of landscapes and gardening styles. During the tour you will discover outstanding examples of unique and inspirational garden designs at each of the six garden stops.

Here is a link that might be useful: details

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Southlake Garden Tour

$10 and great company looking at nice landscaping! What a perfect way to spend a Sunday.

Last call for anyone who wants to go along with us. We'll stop for lunch somewhere along the way.

Here is a link that might be useful: Perennial Garden Society

o

How I would love to join you, but since I can't please take a lot of pictures!

o

For you Roselee we'll make the effort!

o

Much appreciation!!!!

o

Man was it a perfect day for this or what?
Gretchen, Carolina, Kelly and I started right at 10am.. there was nice cloud cover for most of the tour which kept it nice and cool, and was great for taking photos.

We saw so many cute/cool ideas and great layouts and just nice places to sit and take it all in.

After we finished the tour we stopped at Mike's Garden Shop on 114 (to find a restroom) then Carolina and I each purchased a pot of Autumn Sedum. I've had my eye on that plant since the Denton County Master Gardener Tour last year.

We stopped for lunch around 1:30 at Panera in Southlake and were back at our starting point by 3pm.

There were giveaways at several of the homes, one of which had the City of Southlake water people giving away hose end sprayers, water meters and measuring cups to measure rain or your sprinkler systems. I could use all of those things! Already I've tested out the meter.

My friend Kelly is working on the photos and when she sends them to me I'll get them posted. Gretchen and Carolina also took photos.

It was a very pleasant way to spend the better part of a day and the company was great! (no whining kids or husbands who would rather be anywhere but there!)

In my opinion this one of the best bang for your buck for a gardener, without getting sweaty or dirty.
Someone else did all the work but you get to enjoy it. :)

o

I have the photos, but haven't had time to get them up loaded --will try to work on that today.

o

Looking forward to them, but no rush ... :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here