Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cweathersby

Rose garden pictures

cweathersby
12 years ago

Hey everyone,

My garden looks really nice this spring despite all of the drought we had last year, and I'm so excited about it that I want to post a link to my photobucket account.

So if any of you are interested in that sort of thing, go check it out!

Thanks,

Carrie

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v401/cweathersby/2012

Comments (15)

• plantmaven
    12 years ago

Here you go.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rose garden

• ogrose_tx
    12 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous! What kind of clematis is that in your last picture?

It's just amazing to me, too, how our roses bounced back this spring after last summer, they didn't miss a beat!

• ibheri
    12 years ago

WOW !! They are beautiful.. Your pictures are giving me an inspiration to try out Clematis which I so want to. Thank you for sharing your lovely garden.

• holleygarden Zone 8, East Texas
    12 years ago

Just beautiful! What a lovely rose garden. I have a new Lamarque and a new Prosperity, so I was happy to see those pictures. Gives me a better idea of what mine will look like in a few years.

• srilunewgardener
    12 years ago

Very Nice Garden. All your flowers are beautiful. Can I know the name of the plant in pics 37 and 66. Is it the same plant in different colors? or are they different. I live in Austin area. Any idea where can I find that?
    Thank you,
    Srilu

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    12 years ago

The slide show is absolutly gorgeous. Thank you for posting your photos here.

• cweathersby
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Srilu-
    Do you mean these clematis? I have lots of different varieties.

OGRose- I'll look at the tag and get back with you on the variety. This is the best performing clematis in my garden - and I have loads of them.

Thank you everyone for the compliments. I was SO devestated last year and lost so many things. It feels good to have this spring beauty.

• srilunewgardener
    12 years ago

Yes. Clematis. I didn't know that plant until now. But, now I feel like planting in my yard. Are they easy to find?

• cweathersby
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yes, you can usually find them at Walmart, Lowes, and Home Depot. Bluestone perennials online will have a sale on them at least once a year, selling whichever ones they have left. The regular old Jackmani variety of clematis is my 2nd best performing (by which I mean it blooms really well in the spring, a little in the summer, and then really well in the fall. Many clematis don't repeat all that well), and you can get those anywhere. It's a vine, so I plant them up trellises with roses, up fruit trees, up shrubs that bloom during the winter, pretty much anywhere that there is something for them to climb on.

• srilunewgardener
    12 years ago

Thank you for the information.

• lou_texas
    12 years ago

Carrie, your garden is very, very, very beautiful! you have much to be proud of. I'm sure you've worked hard on it and it shows. Lou

• cweathersby
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you everyone! The name of that clematis is Elsa Spath.

• ilovemyroses
    12 years ago

Love this! Great garden, I too am interested in the clematis. The best performer for you is the blue one (second pic). Is that Elsa spath? or jack mani ?

I'd like to know which blooms the most. (hoping I it's the blue and easy to find. I love the color and repeat!). Thx

• cweathersby
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Elsa Spath is the one on the wooden circle. It is my best performer. Jackmani is not pictured, but is my second best. Both bloom equally but the blooms on Elsa Spath are bigger and showier.

• plantloverkat north Houston - 9a
    12 years ago

Thanks for sharing. All of the photos are beautiful, but I especially like the wooden circle trellis - I think it is especially enchanting.