Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cygnwulf

radishes taking forever....

cygnwulf
11 years ago

Ok, so I'm a little confused. Admittedly, I havent grown raddishes since I was a kid, but I've always been told that radishes are very quick to grow. I planted a bunch of Easter Egg Mix, along with Peas, Carrots, Beats, and Spinach, back on March 9th. I had sprouts breaking the soil by the 19th, and thinned the seedlings on March 28th. This morning makes 26 days from when I planted a 30 day variety, and yet they still do not have secondary leaves. They're good looking little sprouts, but it seems like they've been that for far too long. In fact, the only thing I planted then that is doing anything other than sitting around as seedlings are the peas. I watered heavily the first week after I planted but there's been enough rain I have not added any other water since then, and we did have that freeze on the morning of the 26th that nuked the early tomatoes I put out, but nothing else got frozen.
I'm not as concerned about the beets and spinach, I know they take a little longer, but I would have thought I would have at least baby raddishes by this weekend...

Comment (1)