Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hummers have FINALLY arrived at my house

Posted by carrie751 z7/8 TX (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 9, 12 at 10:40

Saw my first hummer this morning and was he hungry. He was on one of my catmints and working many of the blooms. It won't be long now until I can see a host of them......I love to watch the hummingbirds.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hummers have FINALLY arrived at my house

YAY!!!! While I was at Walmart on Saturday hubby texted that we had a hummer in the yard. I didn't see one until this morning.
He was at the feeder, moved to the coral honeysuckle, then the autumn sage and back to the feeder again.

I'm sure he worked over all the other plants out of my line of sight too.

Our local hummers are back! Life is good!

o

I'm so glad that they are back Carrie and Melvalena! They are little gems aren't they?
We saw our first last Wednesday, but I think only one so far, no hummingbird wars yet.

o

Congrats! Aren't they wonderful little creatures? I've got two feeders up. Also, the penstemons and salvias are blooming..they like those! Right now is a big migration time for the hummers!

o

I thought I saw one yesterday. Need to put feeders out now I see.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here