Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
glitter_and_guns

Newbie saying "hi"

glitter_and_guns
11 years ago

I recently bought a house in the outskirts of DFW after living on the lake in a condo for a couple of years. Before that this Texan was in Ohio for many years. I have my Master Gardener Cert from Ohio, but was more book knowledge than practical application. Now I have a Texas house with a much neglected landscape.

I have lots of work here to do besides the landscape, but have enjoyed starting to do a bit of work and some plant shopping. I am struggling a bit just because the plants and the plan needs are so different here - and there has been a lot of tearing out of 30 year old - overgrown worn out plants. Whoever planted here thought it would be a great idea to plant only things with thorns and to plant them as close as possible to fences, walk ways, the pool, and the foundation of the house as possible.

I would love the suggestion of folks for nurseries in the area - I found Arnies in Fort Worth and had a lot of fun wandering around.

Oh, and when I was at Arnies, I did pick up a lovely little fox tail fern (they look like fairy trees!). The nursery considered them Possible Perennial. I was planning on planting in a space right next to the foundation facing east - do you think I could expect those to come back or no?

Thanks!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz