10 years ago

This is the Lowes on Bandera Rd. Spittin' distance from my house

Comments (15)

• lou_spicewood_tx
    10 years ago

Whoa... I got nothing over here. :-(

• PKponder TX Z7B
    10 years ago

Wow! You be careful out in that storm. I hope that there is significant rain to offset all the destruction.

• plantmaven
    Original Author
    10 years ago

We got about 5" of rain. I am so thrilled.

• melvalena
    10 years ago

That's something! Up here in N Texas we got nothin. :(

Expecting some rain overnight Wed.. with another cold front. Lows are supposed to be low 40s to upper 30s AGAIN!!! Depending on who is predicting.

Its been a slow start of spring.. and lots of ups and downs here this year with very little rain compared to past springs.

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    10 years ago

Kathy, you got five inches?!!! That's it -- I'm movin'; ;-) i got one inch and we only live about 8 or 9 miles apart. Everybody gets more rain than me. Well, Rock-Oak-Deer Shirley got one inch too. But we were glad to get it.

We had lots of lightning and wind, but nothing like that Lowes got.

The nice thing is that since the temps have stayed down even a little rain goes a long way.

• carrie751
    10 years ago

I am not expecting much from their predictions, Melvalena, so am watering like crazy. I didn't the last time they predicted rain and I didn't even get a healthy drizzle. Anyway, we can hope and be happy for those who are receiving rain. Roselee, that usually happens for me.................people living a couple of miles from me will tell me how much rain they received, and all I got was the cloud cover............LOL>

• southofsa
    10 years ago

Just a lot of thunder down here. No rain. I swear sometimes everything stops right at hwy 90.

Lisa

• plantmaven
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I remember once it was raining in the front yard and not the back yard.

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    10 years ago

Or I've seen it raining hard while the sun was shining. When I was a little kid the old timers said that happened when the devil was beating his wife and they'd chuckle. I have no idea how that story ever got it's start.. Maybe Google knows ...

Here is a link that might be useful: Google. knows all ...

• linda_tx8
    10 years ago

Out here it started early. We had about 2.5" and a lot of thunder and such. The plants are going to be real happy out here! Usually rain passes around us so we get very little or nothing...and then it hits S.A., but I guess it forgot to miss us this time. I heard them mention on TV last night about the "black cell" that hit Helotes and a little bit of S.A. nearby. That must be what caused the damage at Lowe's.

• tx_ag_95
    10 years ago

My parents (in Universal City) only got .4", so be glad for the inch of rain Roselee! I've learned to not even trust the radar pictures. More than once I've watched the animated radars online, seen the storms go right over my house, and come home to find that I barely got any rain.

While I don't mind the cool temps, I'm getting tired of covering my tomatoes when they drop below 40. And I get to do it again tonight! yippee.

• gmatx zone 6
    10 years ago

Very glad all of you received some rain. Nothing, I repeat, nothing here in the center of the Texas Panhandle. We received 1.10" on January 10, supposedly 17" of horizontally blown snow on February 25 (pastures grazed down so much that snow didn't hold on them, only just beyond the fence posts and in the north bar ditches), .05" March 17, and .05" on April 14. That's it folks!

Hard freeze predicted tonight and tomorrow night. High yesterday was 97F - high today maybe in the mid 40s with some possible snow mentioned for tonight?!?!?. Makes you wonder if RCNaylor and I aren't both nuts to live in this area..... By the way, has anyone heard from RC lately?

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    10 years ago

Roselee, That wiki entry was hysterical. I like the haitian one , The Zombie beating his wife for salty food. LOL

We got NADA. We saw all of it. on all sides of us.highly frustrating.

• Hilary McDaniel
    10 years ago

We seem to have an umbrella on us. We can't get anything! We are so dry it's visible clouds of dust overhead. Central Texas west of 35, so. of Hillsboro, no. of Waco nada since Jan. The storms miss us. I'm sooooo bummed! We are desperate for rain but the pattern seems to have shifted north of us. I'm really scared going into the summer heat with no rain. Another long drought! Fires terrify me especially with all the high winds we are having. Double whammy!

• melvalena
    10 years ago

gatex, RC posts over in the gallery.. he posted recently.