Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Field Roebuck

Posted by cynthianovak 7/8 TX (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 19, 11 at 11:16

Last Thursday the DAllas Morning news ran an article by garden columnist Marianne Greene. Field Roebuck a well known rose expert and writer was honored with a rose in his name. It read rather like an obituary. Today an obituary appeared in the paper.

According to his daughter, he was thrilled by the feature on Thursday and on Friday he passed. Poetic, isn't it.

I still remember that I found these forums when I decided to start digging up my front yard. Mr. Roebuck shot me a message: I know where you live, just dig a hole and plant them...you've got great soil!

Just a public message to thank him and let y'all know who might be interested.

c

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Field Roebuck

There are 2 threads on the Roses Forum, one linked to the announcement about the rose, one linked to the obituary.

The rose was hybridized by Mike Shoup (Antique Rose Emporium), & it's a beautiful apricot...
sold out, of course, for the time being.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here