Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rock_oak_deer

Roselee's garden on TV!

rock_oak_deer
11 years ago

Check out this week's episode of Central Texas Gardener for a tour of a very special garden!

Here is a link that might be useful: Roselee/Ragna's garden video

Comments (36)

• Texan Gal
    11 years ago

So exciting!

• beachplant
    11 years ago

Thanks for the link!
    Tally HO!

• Texan Gal
    11 years ago

Wow! What a work of art your yard is!

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    11 years ago

So Kewl. They must have filmed this last summer before your makeover. LOL. You should invite them back over for the tear out your hair episode.

• carrie751
    11 years ago

What a great way for other gardeners to see your beautiful garden, Roselee................congratulations!!!

• rock_oak_deer
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The CTG crew was there just a few days before the fall swap. I posted the story on my blog.

Here is a link that might be useful: GW fans visit Ragna's Garden

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    11 years ago

Uh oh! My up to now somewhat secret obsession has been found out ... LOL

I'm sure my garden isn't any more interesting than many of yours, but somehow mine got filmed -- thanks to a garden elf named Shirley of the exceptionally well done Rock-Oak-Deer blog!

Anyway, I'm happy to get to visit with my Garden Web friends in this way. I see myself as talking directly to all of you :-)

• TxMarti
    11 years ago

Just gorgeous! What are the tall blue flowers in the background of that first photo on rock-oak-deer's blog? Are those goldenrod in the planter in front?

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    11 years ago

AAAH, forget the modesty and take a bow. You are da QUEEN!

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    11 years ago

Thank you Marti! The tall blue flowers are Larkspurs. [Marti,I looked again and there are larkspurs on the left, but back center are limelight salvias.]The yellow you're seeing in the planter in the front yard with the dark foliaged Australia cannas is a variety of Croton that is mostly yellow. The nice thing about it is deer don't eat it, but it's tender, so I pull it up, pot it, and store in the greenhouse for the winter.

This post was edited by roselee on Sun, Apr 14, 13 at 0:26

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    11 years ago

Mara, you make me laugh. Yes, queen for 8 minutes and then that's enough of me. However, I do think it's interesting that in this video Bob doesn't get a word in edgewise. If you knew Bob you'd know that he's quite the talker ... :-)

• Lynn Marie
    11 years ago

Super impressive, Roselee! Well done!

• ruthz
    11 years ago

Awesome!!!!

• jardineratx
    11 years ago

Roselee, your garden is beautiful!
    Molly

• Lin barkingdogwoods
    11 years ago

How nice to hear your voice and see your garden! Thanks for sharing.

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    11 years ago

Thank you everybody for looking and enjoying the video of my yard.

I almost forgot that we had taken some 'behind the scenes' photos with our camera. They're posted on the gallery if you want to see them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Our photos from the shoot on the gallery

• southofsa
    11 years ago

Shirley - I'm so glad you posted this because I didn't have a chance to watch it on TV.

Roselee - Your garden looked amazing, but for me listening to you talk about something you absolutely love to do was awesome. And inspiring. Thanks.

Lisa

• bossjim1
    11 years ago

Well deserved congratulations to you Roselee, you are our inspiration!

Shirley, thanks for posting the link so that those of us outside their viewing area can see the video.

Jim

• rock_oak_deer
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It's on in San Antonio this morning at 11am KLRN (108 if you have TW Cable) so there's still time to see the big screen debut. My DVR is set.

• plantmaven
    11 years ago

Proud of you my dear friend!

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    11 years ago

Thank you all for looking and enjoying the garden with me. Now that the excitment is over it's back to the three P's -- plantin', prunin' and playin' in the yard :-)))

• annieinaustin
    11 years ago

Oh, Roselee, I saw the episode yesterday and wrote to Linda Lehmusvirta saying WOW!!! What fun to now find out the wonderful garden that I was drooling over belonged to someone I'd "met" here. You are a garden genius!

• backacre
    11 years ago

So pleased to "visit" your garden, Roselee. It was also a pleasure to hear you speak.....since most of what I know of you is from reading your posts and pictures. We have similar tastes in gardens and now am looking forward to see the changes you are making.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    11 years ago

I loved the interview and your garden! It was wonderful to hear your voice too! I love your mirrors in the garden!

And since you said it first, I did notice 'Silent Bob' :-) Was he too nervous to say anything?

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    11 years ago

Again thank you all for your nice comments. It does feel like I have visited with each one of you.

Pam, Bob was being the total gentleman that he is by letting it be 'my show'. Actually he did make a few comments, but like most of what I said his words landed on the cutting room floor so to speak. The crew was here for about three hours and interview part was about 20 or 25 minutes including Linda's questions to lead us into our comments. It took some very skilled editing to condense it to 8 minutes and keep the main thrust of what the garden was about.

I'm still loving and laughing at how Linda ended it. Isn't that just like a woman gardener?

• PKponder TX Z7B
    11 years ago

It was pretty funny!

• cynthianovak
    11 years ago

Roselee you are beautiful! And you speak so lovingly about your garden that I was enchanted by you as well as it. they did a great job photographing it and there was even rain falling near the end. When was this filmed? Everything looks very lush was it last year or is that what it is like to live so far south? Bravo! Cynthia

• ibheri
    11 years ago

Thankyou for the link rock_oak_deer
    Its was such a pleasure to watch Roselee's garden and she spoke so well. I loved the St. Augustine crop joke :)
    Always has been a great inspiration and enabler to me.

Someday I would love to visit in person.
    Indu

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    11 years ago

Cynthia, I wondered if anybody noticed the rain! You could hear it, too. It was filmed in early Oct. 2012, right between bloom flushes of roses, phlox, and bougainvilleas which are my main sources of color so mostly what you see is the lush end of summer growth.

Indu, thanks for noticing my attempt at humor about the one and only 'crop' that was growing here when we moved in.

• lou_texas
    11 years ago

Interesting and beautiful. I can imagine the hard work that went into this garden. The end result is amazingly complex, but it all works together. I enjoyed visiting the garden very much. Lou

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    11 years ago

Thanks for the cheers, Cynthia, Indu, Lou. and everybody.

Yes, there is a lot here and it was a lot of work, but I loved doing it. One thing I talked about that they left out is how I hauled in all those BIG rocks bordering the beds. I found them in the dry creek bed and on the vacant land near by. Bob built a low to the ground wagon so I didn't have to lift them, but kind of rolled them onto the wagon. It was fun finding and placing them, but work hauling them. It burned off a lot of calories -- that's for sure ... :-)

• chitralekha
    11 years ago

Roselee, you are a wonderful person, very gracious and down to earth. I knew that you have an abundant knowledge about plants and garden and I always looked for your postings on GW. Seeing your garden tour I now know what a delightful garden you have! Thanks to rock_oak_deer for posting the site id which enabled all of us who missed the show on CTG to watch the garden tour.
    Thank you so much.

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    11 years ago

Chitralekha, thank you so much for your kind remarks and enjoying my garden with me.

• rock_oak_deer
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I'm so glad you are all enjoying the tour.

• burntplants
    10 years ago

All the plants looked SOOO happy!
    It was fun to look and think "I've never seen a ____ that big!"
    Even the last shot of those toad lilies did me in. I've never seen ones so big and have so many blooms and buds.
    You truly have a green thumb!

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    10 years ago

Burnt, thank you! Glad you enjoyed seeing the plants here. Toad lilies are easy to grow. I keep them in a big pot and partial shade and that's about it..

And if I have a green thumb it's from using my thumb nail as a pruning tool ... LOL. I'll bet that's how the term originated. I have to use a tooth brush and bleach to get it white again..