Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is it gonna freeze in Texas again??

Posted by eddiblair 8 (bryanpomegranates@gmail.com) on
Wed, Apr 7, 10 at 13:21

Hi! What do y'all think..honestly? I have my tomato plants ready to be planted in the soil. Tonight here in West Central Texas it's supposed to get down to 37 degrees, so I may wait until tomorrow. I am so ready to get these veggies out and growing! I guess if we do have another cold snap I'll be running out with jugs of water and covers..but really don't want to have to worry about that!I currently have broccoli, onions, and spinach planted. I have carrots that haven't sprouted yet. So anxious!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is it gonna freeze in Texas again??

You know, I would say no.....but then I would have said that several weeks ago, too. I don't think it will freeze again down here...but I'm way further south than you. Perhaps a fellow WTexas person will happen along with their opinion.

o

It depends on whether you set those plants out.

o

Whitecap... that was funny.

eddiblair, DON'T DO IT!!!!
(just in case whitecap is right)

o

Last year it froze on the 10th in 8B. I lost all my fruits including wild mustang grapes and dewberries. You never know.

o

Conventional wisdom says wait til the pecans leaf out. Mine have leafed out so all my houseplants are now outside for their summer vacation. Another freeze will certainly put me in a scramble!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here