Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carolann_z8

Pictures of the Garden Gate Club Spring Plant Swap April 28, 2007

carolann_z8
17 years ago

Here are some of the many people who attended the spring plant swap. I needed a wide angle lense to get them all in but I don't have one so lots of them are in the back.

Comments (69)

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Julie, I hope you can come. Some of us in the garden club are already starting to think about what we can root or grow for the fall swap.

Why don't you come on over to the club site and help us decide what to grow. We'd love to have you.

Besides that I need more help keeping PJ, Jolana and Bev in line. LOL

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Geez, I just posted about a rose one of y'all were looking for, if that was out of line, I will go delete it, LOL

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

Here are a few more. I was really having problems with photobucket.

{{gwi:1344196}}

{{gwi:1344197}}

{{gwi:1344199}}

{{gwi:1344201}}

{{gwi:1344203}}

{{gwi:1344206}}

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

The next to the last picture is when we were drawing for prizes and that excited lady (Shirley) won Melvelena's plant seed snatching bag.

The last picture was after Round Robin and everyone could just take any plants they wanted.

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I forgot to say that the first picture is Mamie and Gary. They are the sweetest people and I'm trying to help Mamie learn gardening because she's very new to it. The lady to the right of Mamie came with Marlene but I forgot her name.

Who are the ladies on the far right in the third photo? They were both very nice but I totally forgot their name. (sorry)

Next time we need to take more group shots and put names with them so we can all remember who they are. After a couple times I know them all but then the swap keeps growing so I have to start over again. lol

• chena
    17 years ago

Just when you thought it was safe...Someone goes and puts your pic up!!!..LOL
    Necia..Hey it me.. If you want rock rose or Mullein I can help you out!
    Ya'll this was a blast.. You need to consider the fall swap you won't be disapointed...Besides I love to see ya..

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Necia, yes, that was Kylie and it was so good to see her and she brought her sister Kathy

Carol, I can't remember their names either
    jolana

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I totally missed Necia's question. Boy, I must still be tired. Sorry Necia.

I wish I'd had someone take a shot of me, Terry, Alicia and her boys.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

I know, there we so many people I wish I had pics of. I didn't even remember my camera until right before the drawings
    Kylie, we must have posted at the same time
    My neighbor is going to try to take my angel, lol
    She called me yesterday when I was on my way out and I told her about it and said go ahead and go look at it and she moved it and I thought it was gone, LOL

• denisew
    17 years ago

Carolann - What were some of the games you played during the swap. You mentioned "round robin". Were there any other activities/rules for your swap. I need some advice since we're having a city-wide plant swap at our library this October. It sure looks like everyone had a wonderful time. Wish I could have been there.

• chena
    17 years ago

My sister took pics I think.. She left for Kansas yesterday and won't be back for a few days but I will get her camera and check...
    Jolana I have that pic to send you ..I went and got it out and I would have sworn that angel had wings...LOL I'm sending it anyway..LOL
    Kylie

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

I'm bringing my camera from now on! I keep forgetting it. I have a camera in my phone but no clue how to use the darn thing yet. My DH promised me phone camera lessons soon. PJ

• denisew
    17 years ago

PJ - that's funny! We bought our oldest son a cell phone with a camera in it for his birthday this year. He goes around all the time taking pictures with it. I asked him how he gets the pictures out and he didn't have a clue. I told him there should be a connection that will plug in the phone and then into the computer to download them, but he hasn't done it yet. Check your original box for a connector - and the directions and I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out.

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Denise, if you go to our page that tells about the swap you will find the daily planner and it tells how you play the Round Robin Game too.

It's the most fun and easiest way to do the plant swap.

PJ, I don't know how to either, so don't feel like the Lone Ranger. LOL

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Denise,if there was a connector thingie????? That's my DH's department! LOL!
    Round Robin is a lot of fun. Kind of like a cake walk only no music or cake ;^ P PJ

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I just looked up a plant that someone at the plant swap gave me and I'm so happy!!!!
    It's a canna called Sunburst and it gets 33" to 36" tall.

Here's what it looks like:

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Ah, that is a rare one, Carol Ann --- Pink Sunburst. It is a beautiful canna.

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Carrie, maybe I'll give you a start when it makes babies....if you play your cards right. hehehe

• carrie751
    17 years ago

I will do whatever it takes, Carol Ann --- whatever it takes. (grin)

• chena
    17 years ago

WOW!!! You scored!!! That is absolutly beautiful.... I'm not sure I $%^#*&^ ^*&^ (LOL.. can't say those word out loud Jolana may be watching) for the Lily Maypop and Azalea They are wonderful additions to my humble (weed infested) garden... Working on the weeds ..(boohoo)

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Chena, you can say just about anything!!!! I'm just glad you are here, lol
    But don't push it, HEHEHEHE
    My weeds took over while I was gone

Carol, I'm glad you got that beautiful canna

I'm posting my album link for the pics
    So people with dial ups won't get bogged down
    jolana

Here is a link that might be useful: click here for some pics of swap

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

Jolana, where did you find your camera?

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

I must have crammed it in my pocket when we left Carol's and then it went into the dirty clothes bag at the hotel

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I love the pictures you posted but I am really mad!!!

Every time someone was about to take my picture a chubby blonde would get right in the way!!!

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

I didn't mean to get in your way! LOL

In the last pic., I was acting silly and holding my stomach in. I look like a fullback.
    If I really look that bad, I am going to slit my wrists.

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Jolana, I love these pics of your gardens as well as the ones from the swap. Looks as if everyone's photos show that a good time was had by all !!!!!!

• chena
    17 years ago

OH!!! I get it now..LOL sooo that evil person with the neck thing isn't really me..LOL you just wait till I get my hands on them... I'm pretty sure I signed a waiver about pics.. CAROL ANN!!!

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Maybe we could just put someone elses name under the pictures we don't like!!! BWhahahaha

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

What in the world are y'all talking about??? I LOVE ALL of the pics. Look at the smiles
    We are not anorexic models we are life loving, plant plunking gardeners and damn proud of it!!!!!

Thank you Carrie, you should recognize quite a few plants, lol
    jolana

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

CAROL you're heading to get grounded young lady!!! Linebacker/chubby etc.... I take it is the opposite of "swizzle stick figure". Sheesh! Jolana's right! Darn it!!! You all are beautiful!!!
    Me? My pics are right on. One pic I'm crawling around on the ground,in another I'm running my mouth and last,but not least, I'm totally zoned out (looking at the ground this time) not paying attention. Oh yeah, my hair is planning a coup to take over my entire head. LOL!

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

You guys are right. We are fun loving plant plunkers and proud of it.

PJ, you may think you look zoned out or having a bad hair day but to me you look cute as a button and Kylie, you are way too critical of yourself. You look cute too.

Plenty of plants, lots of laughs and our friendships are the best.

We have nothing to complain about. Those big ole smile show it all.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

AMEN! (((Carol)))PJ

• carrie751
    17 years ago

I have never met a greater group of beautiful people ---all of you --- so there !!!!!!

• prairiepaintbrush
    17 years ago

I'm the one who looks like a Victoria's Secret model!

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

PPB, I have heard that, lol
    but are you a life loving plant plunker?

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Carrie, what a sweet thing to say.

PPB, I thought that was you. You lookin' good but we won't hold that against you. LOL

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Here are some Audra took and wanted me to post for her.
    {{gwi:1344208}}
    {{gwi:1344210}}

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

I'm late to this thread. It's great seeing the pictures. It's almost like being there....well, maybe not. I wish I could have gone. I'm so glad y'all had such fun.

Sally

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sally, I hope you can come to the fall swap. After getting emails from a lot of people that wanted to attend I think we'll have close to 100 people at the fall swap.

We're moving it to a park.

• prairiepaintbrush
    17 years ago

I'm coming in the fall! (looks like I'll have to go on a crash diet to get into victoria's secret shape)

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Well, at least I was pickin' my eye and not my nose or something gross!!! LOL!
    I hope you both come for fall. I actually have more to give then. No need to be all fussy about your looks...just a happy mood and you're set to go! PJ

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Julie, email me so I'll have your email addy on my list that I send out about the fall swap.

Sally, you need to plan on being sick for the day of the fall swap. Your boss needs to let you off for extra special events like this anyway.

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

Fall might be more do-able for me. I hope I can take off work then. It would be definately worth it.

Sally

• Texasorbust
    17 years ago

AWWWWWWWWWW Y'all look so cute & happy!! Great job Carolann, not too many folks could organize all that and live to tell about it! =D

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Isn't that the truth

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Carol is really good at this! PJ

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

There seems to be a problem with my photobucket account. I can see the pictures, but others can't. I will try to post again.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

{{gwi:1344212}}

{{gwi:1344213}}

{{gwi:1344214}}

{{gwi:1344215}}

{{gwi:1344216}}

{{gwi:1344217}}

{{gwi:1344218}}

{{gwi:1344219}}

{{gwi:1344220}}

{{gwi:1344221}}

{{gwi:1344222}}

{{gwi:1344223}}

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks Susan, Jolana and PJ. It's a tough job but someone has to do it. lol

It's definately not for the faint of heart.

Folks do not try this at home.

Leave it to the experts or dingie blondes that don't know any better. LOL

Jolana, thanks for posting the pictures.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

I would've done it sooner instead of the link but I was exhausted from watching you run the swap, lol
    I was sending pics out all morning and I was right there in Photobucket and they were already loaded